There’s Talk of a Romy and Michele Sequel, the Kardashians Throw Major Shade on Twitter + More in Today’s Last Lap
We may see the return of a ’90s classic, Charlie Hunnam takes it off, the Kardashian sisters show us why we shouldn’t mess with them, and more you should know before scooting out of the office today.
- Cue the “Time After Time” slow dance. Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion star Mira Sorvino says she and Lisa Kudrow want a sequel. [Metro]
- The first stills of Disney’s Into the Woods featuring Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine, Meryl Streep, and Johnny Depp will make your day. [Disney]
- Kim and Khloe Kardashian strike at Adrienne Bailon after she talked smack about their family. [US Weekly]
- Sharknado 2: The Second One is “crazy,” “self-aware,” and much, much more. [MTV News]
- Sons of Anarchy‘s Charlie Hunnam explains his Comin-Con absence in a naughty video. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Bradley Cooper chows down on set and looks sexy while doing it. [Just Jared]
- JWoww and Snooki take a major departure from their fist pumping ways. [Perez Hilton]
- Gisele Bundchen reminds us why she’s the highest paid supermodel in the world. [TMZ]
[Photo Credit: Disney]
With a nightmarish take on extreme weather, last year’s Sharknado got our vote for best shark movie of all-time. With its sequel — creatively titled Sharknado 2: The Second One — premiering tonight, it’s time to look at the scariest sharks to roam the streets of Hollywood.
In movie world, the second installment typically means whatever preexisting villain there is will be back, and badder than ever. For stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, this means the freak hurricane that rocked the West Coast, causing sharks to wind up on land has moved east to New York City. But is the sharknado that aims to destroy all of midtown Manhattan the most intimidating fish ever, or simply a monster that wants to share a Peach Pit burger with Steve Sanders? Before you tune in, check out of list of pop culture sharks much more intimidating than the monstrosity set to terrorize your television screens.
Bruce from Jaws
Haunting our beach vacations since 1975.
Bruce from Finding Nemo
While one too many evil witches have taught us that not all animated characters are friendly, Bruce is hardly scary once you get to know him — as long as you agree with his Fish Are Friends Not Food mantra.
Chevy Chase in a shark costume? Sometimes the simplest sketches are the most enjoyable. For every writer tasked with making something funny after Saturday Night Live‘s inaugural season, this was difficult to top.
Estelle is perfection! Honestly, I have loved her since day one, and I haven’t looked back.
Thank God she was at VH1 today to promote her new single, “Conquerer,” and thank God even more I ran into her in my elevator. YES! She was so nice and sweet, I literally could have talked to her all day. She even accepted my proposal to be her “American Boy.”
EVERYDAY MIRACLES! I love you Estelle!
Below, find out which other stars I’ve brought into my elevator. Check out my interviews with Common, Angela Kinsey, and more!
In what’s clearly the most random casting news of the day, Girls star Allison Williams has scored the lead role of Peter Pan in NBC’s Peter Pan Live. To be fair, previous casting announcements have included Christopher Walken (as Captain Hook), so it’s clear the December 4 production is going for the unconventional.
While Williams excels in the part of an insufferable perfectionist on her HBO series, she’s far from our first choice to step into those legendary tights. Maybe Marnie’s cringeworthy interpretation of Kanye West‘s “Stronger” has something to do with it?
How about Miley Cyrus? She already rocks a pixie cut and we’d love to see her twerk with Tinker Bell. Kristin Chenoweth has the Broadway chops and the small stature to make it work. Or how about infusing some diversity into the classic story by casting Jennifer Hudson? She’s already on her way to achieving the coveted EGOT. Sorry, but we just can’t see Williams leading Wendy and her brothers across Neverland — can you? If today’s casting news is still too much for you to handle, browse through our gallery to see who we think has the magic to actually pull it off.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
The Girls star steps into an iconic role, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West can’t see eye to eye on giving North a sibling, and more entertainment news to wake you up this morning.
- Allison Williams is getting her hat and green tights ready, as she’ll be playing Peter Pan in NBC’s upcoming Peter Pan Live. [EW]
- Kim’s ready for a second baby, but how does Kanye feel? [Hollywood Life]
- Andi Dorfman says she’s not inviting Juan Pablo Galavis to her wedding until he proposes to Nikki Ferrell. Aggressive much? [US Weekly]
- Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson talk about the “sexual acrobatics” they got into for their Fifty Shades of Grey scenes. [E!]
- Zac Efron opens up about his stint in rehab. [Huffington Post]
- American Horror Story actress and overall badass Jessica Lange will receive the Santa Barbara Film Festival Kirk Douglas Award. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Grey’s Anatomy star Sarah Drew is expecting, just like her character. [USA Today]
- Drew Barrymore‘s half-sister Jessica was found dead yesterday at 47. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- To get you moving on this Wednesday, watch this clip of Vin Diesel break dancing. [People]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
We love finding out that some of our favorite celebrities are best buds. What we love even more, is learning they were best buds BEFORE they had paparazzi following them and Twitter followers hanging on their every character. From Gwyneth Paltrow and Maya Rudolph to Tyra Banks and Kimora Lee, you probably never would have guessed that some of these superstar best friends have been confiding in each other since before they were ever in the limelight.
Do you want to know who did Madonna‘s makeup before she made it big? Or when John Cusack and longtime pal Jeremy Piven first started hanging out? Some of these stories of accidental college roommates, high school pals and young starlets struggling to make it will warm your heart, and may even have you reaching out to your own bestie for a cuddle. These stories of longstanding friendship prove that the ones who are there for you from start always will be, no matter what fame and fortune has in store.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
By Sarah M. Smith
Between senseless tweets and red carpet word vomit, stupid celebrity comments always seem to make headlines. While Hollywood loves a good laugh, it’s also home to its fair share of A-list egg heads. As if their looks and talent weren’t enough, now they have to throw in off-the-chart IQs, too?
Exhibit A: Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman is equally gifted off-camera. Despite getting into show biz at a young age, she’s found the time to master five languages by the age of 33. Oh, and Modern Family‘s Nolan Gould graduated high school at 13 — an age when the rest of us were still playing with Barbie dolls while practicing our times tables. From MENSA members to high school valedictorians, click through this collection of scholarly celebs whose intelligence will make you want to hit the books. In fact, maybe you’ll grow smarter just by looking at them?
Duke University graduate and Parks and Recreation star Retta is well-versed in opera, sociology, and television shows. Check out her one-word reviews of all the shows you should be watching, below.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Beyoncé Looks Down on Kim Kardashian, Andi Dorfman Gives Her Final Rose, + More of Today’s First Dibs
The truth about Beyoncé and Jay-Z‘s decision to skip Kim and Kanye’s wedding finally emerges, Andi Dorfman makes girls all over the country sad, Freddie Prinze, Jr. has some fighting words under that million dollar smile, and more of what you missed while you were catching z’s.
- Did Beyoncé and Jay-Z skip out on the Kimye wedding to protect their social status? [Hollywood Life]
- The Twittersphere exploded when Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman accepted a marriage proposal from Josh Murray on last night’s finale.
- ’90s hottie Freddie Prinze, Jr. said he wanted to quit acting after working with Kiefer Sutherland. [US Weekly]
- Naomi Watts channels her inner stripper in the Vincent trailer. [Just Jared]
- Die Hard star James Shigeta passed away at 81. [Variety]
- The New York Post argues that the Real Housewives franchise is officially dead. Do you agree? [NY Post]
- Martha Stewart gives her two cents on Blake Lively‘s lifestyle blog. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Audrina Patridge and longtime boyfriend Corey Bohan have called it quits. At least she’s not still hung up on Justin Bobby… we hope. [E!]
- Once Upon a Time casts even more Frozen characters. [Cosmopolitan]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images, @kimkardashian]
Bachelorette Andi and Josh Might Be Engaged, But Twitter Can’t STOP Talking About Sweat and Grumpy Cat
By Sarah M. Smith
The Bachelorette‘s season 10 finale was just “too good to be true” for star Andi Dorfman, as hunk Josh Murray got down on one knee (in that rather tight suit) to propose. It was the fairytale ending to a season full of scarves, pregnancy rumors, and one too many farmer jokes. But let’s recap the moments leading up to that final proposal that weren’t so pretty.
From Nick Viall‘s awkwardly horrible toast to Josh’s excessive perspiration, the family meetings didn’t start off so great for either contender. Andi reassured them both — one with some kisses, and the other with “it will be all right, it will be all right.” Turns out “all right” is just a way of delaying the inevitable. Sorry, Nick, but she doesn’t love you. Back to Milwaukee you must go! But as we’ve seen this season — between sneaky hotel visits and anonymous flower arrangements — Nick is persistent, and prepared to stalk his way back into Andi’s heart. After two attempts to woo her post-finale, Nick was finally given the chance to see Andi at the After The Final Rose special to ask all of his burning questions about their lost love. It didn’t take long for viewers to realize that this was a conversation best had in private, because Nick left nothing up for interpretation. “If you weren’t in love with me, I’m just not sure why you made love with me?” Nick, you just officially earned a spot on top of Andi’s s–t list. But his antics didn’t ruin things entirely for the lovebirds, as Andi and Josh told Chris Harrison all about wedding arrangements and upcoming baby-making. Oh, and that Grumpy Cat appearance? Spot on, ABC, spot on. Are we looking at the next Bachelor?
If you just couldn’t get enough of the #grumpycatforbachelor and #TeamJosh hashtags, click on the gallery above to see our favorite snarky, uncensored, below-the-belt comments of the evening. Because, let’s be real, even though it’s over, no one is ready to STOP talking about it just yet.
[Photo Credit: ABC]
Fifty Shades of Grey Is Already Breaking Records, Rob Kardashian Emerges from Hiding + More in Today’s Last Lap
The Bachelorette contestants can’t keep it in their pants, and after re-watching the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer, neither can we. Here’s more pop culture news to get you hot and bothered on your way home.
- Mr. Grey is more than ready for you. The Fifty Shades trailer is already the most viewed trailer of 2014. [Cosmopolitan]
- Are Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray on the rocks after Andi admitted to “making love” with Bachelorette runner-up Nick Viall? [E!]
- Kendall Jenner gets cozy with Dallas Maverick Chandler Parsons. That family has a thing for athletes. [People]
- A certain member of the Kardashian clan who has mysteriously been MIA was spotted in Malibu. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- The Change-Up stars Jason Bateman and Olivia Wilde reunite in The Longest Week trailer. [EW]
- Ballroom hottie Maksim Chmerkovskiy says he’s done with Dancing with the Stars. [The Wrap]
- Kiefer Sutherland responds to Freddie Prinze, Jr.‘s major diss. [ABC]
- Scarlett Johansson takes on yet another transformation. [ET]
[Photo Credit: Universal]
- There’s Talk of a Romy and Michele Sequel, the Kardashians Throw Major Shade on Twitter + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Intimidating Hollywood Sharks That Haunted Our Dreams Long Before Sharknado
- Jarvis Wants To Be Estelle’s “American Boy”
- Allison Williams As Peter Pan? Here Are 10 Choices That WOULDN’T Have Ruined Our Childhood
- Allison Williams Takes on a Disney Classic, Zac Efron Spills on Rehab + More of Today’s First Dibs