Halloween is right around the corner, but you deserve to sneak a treat early this weekend. The Black Grouse smoky whiskey has a little kick of spice with dried fruit flavors for a long aromatic finish. Combined with sweet honey and other ingredients the Smoky Old Black Fashioned is just what you need to get in the holiday spirit and feeling spooky.
Here’s what you need and how to make it.
- 2 ounces The Black Grouse
- .25 ounces Honey syrup *
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes Orange bitters
Pour 2 oz. serving over ice and garnish with a lemon peel.
[Photo Credit: The Black Grouse]
Heidi Montag Debuts Her Breast Reduction, J.K. Rowling To Publish New Story on Halloween + More in Today’s Last Lap
Heidi Montag takes a step backwards in her plastic surgery process, J.K. Rowling has a Halloween treat for us, Khloé Kardashian is still talking to Lamar Odom amidst divorce drama and more in today’s Last Lap.
- Heidi Montag made her first red carpet appearance since her breast reduction surgery. [US Weekly]
- Take a seat, Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling will release her new book focused on character Dolores Umbridge next Friday. [Hollywood Life]
- Despite reports, Khloé Kardashian and Lamar Odom are still in contact. [E!]
- The Shameless season 5 trailer is finally here. [EW]
- Notre Dame receiver Justin Brent is spotted getting cozy with porn star Lisa Ann. [The Big Lead]
- Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti will star in Showtime’s new drama Billions. [THR]
- Maria Menounos puts pregnancy rumors to rest. [OK!]
- The Drumline: A New Beat cast plays a hilarious round of musical chairs: truth or dare edition.
[Photo Credit: Getty]
With Ouija the film hitting theaters this weekend, we’re reminded of the many things from our childhood that the movies have stolen from us and bastardized in the name of cheap profits. O.K., that was a bit dramatic but you get the idea. While some may not care for the Ouija board, it’s a childhood classic, just like Dr. Seuss books and the Scooby Doo cartoons. Unfortunately, all of those things have served as inspiration for a big screen adaptation with mixed results. The truly sad thing is knowing that some kids today will only know of The Cat In the Hat played by Mike Myers or a computer-animated version of Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. [Shudders]
Jennifer Garner spoke out against sexism in the media this week, sharing her feelings at the Elle Women in Hollywood event. She pointed out how differently her and husband, Ben Affleck are treated by the media. While speaking at the event, Jennifer said she was a little upset that an event just to celebrate women had to exist. E! Reports: “The ‘men in Hollywood’ event is every day – it’s called Hollywood. Fifty-one per cent of the population should not have to schedule a special event to celebrate the fact that in an art that tells the story of what it means to be human and alive, we get to play a part.”
She gave an example of sexism between her and husband, Ben Affleck, after they both spent the day doing press interviews. Both are busy with new movies Gone Girl for him and for her Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and Men, Women and Children. “We got home at night and we compared notes. And I told him every single person who interviewed me, I mean every single one, and this is true of the red carpet here tonight Elle, asked me, ‘How do you balance work and family?’ and he said the only thing that people asked him repeatedly was about the tits on the ‘Blurred Lines’ girl (Emily Ratajkowski).”
“As for work-life balance, he said no one asked him about it that day. As a matter of fact, no one had ever asked him about it. And we do share the same family. Isn’t it time to kinda change that conversation?”
Yas, Jennifer! Stand up for women in media! Let’s focus on your acting skills!
From Hollywood actress to women's activist, here's to our #YASGirl of the week #JenniferGarner!
Kris Jenner always throws big family celebrations during the holidays. But is Bruce Jenner’s new girlfriend trying to steal Kris’ thunder? Watch the video above to find out whether the Jenners will be joining each other in yuletide cheer.
Elsewhere in the celebrity world, Selena Gomez recently traveled to Vancouver for the We Day empowerment event. Actor Orlando Bloom, who allegedly got into a scuffle with Gomez’s ex Justin Bieber recently, also attended the event. Is something going on between Gomez and Bloom — and is Bieber a factor in the drama? The Gossip Table sets the record straight.
For more celebrity gossip and entertainment news, go to VH1 Celebrity.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Aaron Paul Puts Toys ‘R’ Us on Blast, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Gets Canceled + More of Today’s First Dibs
Aaron Paul fires at Toys ‘R’ Us on Twitter, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo gets the axe from TLC, Hitch is coming to the small screen and more First Dibs.
- Aaron Paul responds to Toys ‘R’ Us pulling Breaking Bad toys in Jesse fashion. [EW]
Wait, so @ToysRUs pulled all of the Breaking Bad figures from their shelves and still sells Barbie? Hmmmm…I wonder what is more damaging?
— Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) October 23, 2014
“@BarackObama: Wait, are you serious about the whole @ToysRUs thing?!?” Yes I am Mr. President. Yes I am.
— Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) October 23, 2014
And what about all of the violent video games you sell @ToysRUs ? Do you still sell those? Florida mom really messed it up for everyone.
— Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) October 23, 2014
Here’s the petition to sign to keep the toys on the shelves! This would be so fun to show the Florida mom. YeahBitch https://t.co/8iEFsLBCIn
— Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) October 24, 2014
- TLC has decided to cancel Here Comes Honey Boo Boo since news broke that June Shannon was dating a convicted child molester. [Gawker]
- Fox is developing on a new, single-camera comedy series Hitch, inspired by the 2005 movie. [Deadline]
- Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry is working on a non-musical TV adaptation of Phantom of the Opera. [TV Guide]
- Gwyneth Paltrow is “openly dating” American Horror Story producer Brad Falchuk. [Page Six]
- Jerry Seinfeld finally gave us the mini-reuinion we’ve been waiting for. [E!]
- Actors from The Hobbit star in an awesome Air New Zealand safety video. [Just Jared]
- Was Leonardo DiCaprio dumped because he partied with Robin Thicke? [THG]
- Courtney Love joins the cast of Empire. [Billboard]
- Things get ultra fishy for Hugh Jackman in his new Broadway role. [People]
- Anne Hathaway says she almost got hypothermia on the set of Interstellar. [THR]
- The cast of Drumline: A New Beat give us the details on working with Nick Cannon.
[Photo Credit: Getty/Mezco Toyz]
In her new memoir, Yes Please, Amy Poehler opens up about her childhood, her divorce from Will Arnett, and her own outstanding female anatomy. The book, which is a mix of personal stories, essays, advice, and plenty of memories from Saturday Night Live, is a hilarious yet tender look at the actress’ journey from the first time she she fell in love with improve (for the record, it was during her fourth grade performance of The Wizard of Oz) to fighting for the survival of Parks and Recreation.
Here’s what we learned about comedy’s fairy godmother:
Even Angelina Jolie would be jealous of Poehler’s… vagina.
When opening up about giving birth to her first son, Archibald, Poehler prefaced with an indisputable self-made proclamation about her anatomy. “I don’t consider myself beautiful or famous, but my vagina certainly is. Everyone knows this. I have the Angelina Jolie of vaginas.” Despite the A-list status of her vagina, Poehler was nervous about giving birth, which happened the night before Jon Hamm first hosted SNL in 2008.
Giving birth led to a number of big things for her friends.
When her water broke at 3:30 am on Saturday morning, Poehler was forced to pull out of that evening’s episode of SNL. As a result, Elisabeth Moss stepped in to replace Poehler during a Mad Men sketch and met Fred Armisen for the first time that night. A year later, the two got married. (The two eventually divorced in 2011.) Seth Meyers, Poehler’s Weekend Update co-host, delivered the Update solo for the first time. Meyers would later host the segment solo for five years following his co-star’s departure.
Harvey Korman and Tim Conway inspired the Emmy beauty pageant gag.
In her book, Poehler reveals that she was inspired by a bit Korman orchestrated when, during the list of nominees, he and his fellow Emmy nominees stood up as if they won. Ahead of the 2011 Emmys, Poehler and fellow nominee Martha Plimpton plotted a similar gag with Laura Linney, Edie Falco, Melissa McCarthy, and Tina Fey. The way Poehler describes how it all went down, it sounds like a dream:
“Rob Lowe and Sofia Vergara read my name and I just got out of my seat and pretended I had won. Standing up there, I could feel the audience’s delight and confusion, followed by pure joy when Melissa and the other women followed suit. … We all came up onstage and held hands like were in the final moments of the Miss America pageant. I felt like I might die from happiness. When Melissa won, we all genuinely screamed with joy. Standing onstage being funny with those ladies was so much better than winning.”
Watch the moment again. Right now:
Poehler was nervous about hosting the Golden Globes for the first time until she sat on George Clooney’s lap.
The actress decided to sit in the audience when the category she was nominated for was announced. Poehler opted to sit with Clooney — more accurately, in his lap. When he asked “what kind of bit” she was cooking up, she said she was going to pretend to be totally engrossed by him. “As the camera cut to me he whispered in my ear, ‘The thing about making movies is…’”
Poehler loves to snoop even if it ends up backfiring on her.
The actress admits that she is a snooper, something that started when she was a child and would rummage through her own parents’ room. While she never found anything more scandalous than some old copies of Playboy, snooping on her “male model” boyfriend didn’t end so well. “I made the mistake of snooping and reading the model’s journal.” After reading one of his entries about her, she learned that he thought she was “funny but not that pretty, which was kind of like cool, you know?” Needless to say, after some hurt feelings she ditched his sorry (hot yet boring) ass.
Yes, even Poehler has tried drugs.
In a chapter titled, Obligatory Drug Stories, or Lessons I Learned On Mushrooms, the actress recalls some of her more rebellious moments. “I tried cocaine, which I instantly loved but eventually hated. Cocaine is terrific if you want to hang out with people you don’t know very well and play Ping-Pong all night. It’s bad for almost everything else.” In addition to trying coke, Poehler admits she was a “stoner for a year” after college.
And yes, divorce “sucks.”
“Getting a divorce really sucks. Imagine spreading everything you care about on a blanket and then tossing the whole thing up in the air. The process of divorce is about loading that blanket, throwing it up, watching it all spin, and worrying what stuff will break when it lands.” Poehler and Arnett filed for divorce in April of 2014.
Yes Please (Dey Street Books) is available where ever books are sold on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Kristen Stewart Takes a Break From Acting, Marvel Releases New Avengers Trailer Early + More of Today’s First Dibs
Kristen Stewart is going on an acting hiatus, Marvel’s newest trailer is leaked early, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin share a sweet embrace and more of today’s First Dibs.
- Kristen Stewart is taking a (much needed?) break from acting to make art in downtown LA. [US Weekly]
- Marvel releases Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer a week early after a bootleg version leaked online. [Time]
- Are Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin rekindling their flame while Jennifer Lawrence buys a new million bachelorette pad? [Just Jared/JJ]
- Melissa Rivers inherits over 0 million from her late mother Joan Rivers. [US Weekly]
- Spotted: Kristen Wiig and her ex Fabrizio Moretti on a dinner date. [Page Six]
- Anna Kendrick, who plays Cinderella in Into the Woods, backs up changes made to the movie. [Vanity Fair]
- Starbucks releases its first new holiday drink in five years, the Chestnut Praline Latte. Basics around the world, rejoice! [BuzzFeed]
- Netflix has released the trailer for its new series, Bloodline. [USA Today]
- Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany will hit the broadway stage. [Huffington Post]
- Zach Galifianakis put Brad Pitt in the hot seat, asking the actor about losing his virginity and referncing his ex Jennifer Aniston. Yup, he went there. [Funny or Die]
- Julie Bowen speaks out about her co-star Sarah Hyland‘s domestic abuse, saying her role was “grossly overblown.” [Huffington Post]
- Zelda Williams gets a tattoo in memory of her late father Robin. [ET]
- Alison Sweeney is leaving Days of Our Lives. [TV Guide]
- T.I gives us the scoop on working on the Entourage movie.
[Photo Credit: Getty]
Chrissy Teigen Gets Serious Death Threats, Tyler Posey and His Fiancé Call It Quits + More in Today’s Last Lap
Chrissy Teigen didn’t find particular tweets to be funny, Tyler Posey breaks the news on his engagement ending, Anna Kendrick sparkles in new Kate Spade ads and more in Last Lap.
- Chrissy Teigen quit Twitter yesterday after being bullied with death threats. [US Weekly]
- Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey and his fiancé Seana Gorlick have sadly broke up. [Just Jared]
- Anna Kendrick is nothing short of glam in her new Kate Spade ads. [Perez Hilton]
- Voting has officially kicked off for Logo TV’s 2014 NewNowNext Awards on December 7th. What are you waiting for? Vote now!
- A Bewitched reboot is coming to NBC next year. [US Weekly]
- Mama June has a new man, but why are people claiming he’s a child molester? [E!]
- If you missed Jessica Lange‘s Lana Del Rey cover on last night’s American Horror Story: Freak Show, you need to watch it now.
- An Archie Comics TV show could be in the works. [Vulture]
- The Big Morning Buzz Live crew discusses the future of TV.
While Kris Jenner‘s new cookbook In the Kitchen With Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites gives us the recipes to Kris’ pumpkin bread, chicken soup and more comfort foods—what the business mogul has really shown us over the years is what it takes to dominate life. She is the backbone to the ever-so-strong Kardashian-Jenner klan, the driving force behind Kim Kardashian‘s success and the family’s businesses—thus making the term “momager” Webster-worthy.
After 10 years of reality show ups and downs, Kris has always come out on top with grace. Cheers (with white wine, obviously) to having it all and enjoying the ride regardless of the khaos along the way. You’re just a few over-bookings and speakerphone chats away from being top-notch momager status: Kris Jenner style.
Kris Jenner’s Life Recipe:
- A glass (or two, or three) of wine
Kris shows us that it’s okay to indulge, not only to take the edge off every now and then but to maintain your sanity. All that hustling requires some rejuvenation, after all. Note: if wine doesn’t do the trick, no harm in experimenting with some marijuana gummy bears.
- Own 3+ clothing boutiques
You know the worth of a dollar and you’re way too hungry for that cash flow. What? Like you would have your hands full with just DASH and Smooch anyway? Yawn.
- Crack the whip
Because with that many people in your family, who else would get everyone’s asses in line?
- Exercise YOLO mentality frequently
Kris picked up a lesson from her own daughter Kourtney. If you have to steal Kim’s BFF Jonathan Cheban for the day to eat corn dogs or go for a wine tasting, then you just have to. You can’t put up with that boring new-mom attitude all the time.
- Shed a tear
It’s virtually impossible to hold it together all of the time, even if your kids will roll their eyes at you when you burst out crying randomly like while out to eat. Fierce momagers are human too.
- Throw your daughter a bridal shower against her wishes
Because she’ll end up thanking you for all of the memories, and by memories we mean Instagram-worthy moments.
- Take part in any and every embarrassing exercise class that you can
SoulCycle, pole dancing, and all, know that a good workout knows no age.
- Deal with whatever shit hits the fan
- The Black Grouse Has Your Cocktail for the Weekend
- Heidi Montag Debuts Her Breast Reduction, J.K. Rowling To Publish New Story on Halloween + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Childhood Memories Ruined By Movies
- Yas Girl Of The Week: Jennifer Garner
- Bruce Jenner’s New Girlfriend Could Ruin Kris Jenner’s Holiday Plans