Who’s getting the MTV Generation Award? Khloe Kardashian isn’t afraid to strut, and Benedict Cumberbatch is tired of being typecast.
- Katie Holmes is reportedly attached to a new TV show, playing a New York City socialite. Since this is her first role as a series regular since Dawson’s Creek ended in 2003, we’d love to see her rule the small screen once more! [People]
- Khloe Kardashian is one hot mama! The Gossip Table crew looks at the newly single reality star’s latest style choice, all while giving her hope that she’ll find love again very soon.
- In a new interview, Benedict Cumberbatch revealed that being cast as a know-it-all has lost its luster. The acclaimed actor feels he’s ready to play a “dumb character.” Come on, Benedict, the ladies love a smart man! [Perez Hilton]
- Mark Wahlberg‘s days as a rapper are long behind him, and he’s left fans some memorable movie roles in the years since. No wonder he’s getting the Generation Award at this year’s MTV Movie Awards! [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Your Move: Resurrection Star Omar Epps Answers The Tough Questions + Shows Off His Kanye West Impression
From starring in Juice with a young Tupac Shakur to dancing behind Queen Latifah, Omar Epps has had an illustrious and diverse career. In the new ABC series Resurrection he plays J. Martin Bellamy, an American federal agent who finds himself inexplicably involved in a case of deceased family members coming back from the dead. Omar was careful not to spill the beans on the intricacies of the show’s central mystery during a recent visit to VH1, but he was completely down to show off his Kanye West impression. Yes, we all have one.
It might be easy for the Brooklyn native to choose New York City over Los Angeles, but it’s clear deciding between Bey and Jay and Kimye comes at a price. In honor of the many pairs of doctor scrubs he’s worn on the air, we tested his Operation skills in the latest edition of Your Move, and were treated to a wonderful reenactment of a now-infamous Yeezy-Sway interview. Watch at your own risk, especially if your name is Kanye.
Catch Resurrection on ABC Sundays at 9/8 C.
[Photo Credit: VH1]
Lena Dunham’s Presidential Double Date, Jessica Simpson’s Triple Kiss + More Of What You Missed On Instagram
As if a Saturday Night Live hosting gig isn’t enough for one lifetime, Girls star Lena Dunham got cozy with the Obamas over the weekend. Dunham’s boyfriend, fun. guitarist Jack Antonoff, shared a photo of the fearless foursome on Instagram, making us wonder whether they each revealed their thoughts on Ukraine, or just jumped into a debate about Taylor Swift vs. Beyoncé.
It’s not rare for celebrities to have more fashionable and fabulous weekends than us normals. Rihanna and recent Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o were in Paris to take in fashion shows, and RiRi showed us exactly what kind of special treatment she gets from her designer family while in the City of Lights. Taylor Swift took a road trip to remind us that Lorde isn’t her only celebrity friend–she has hundreds!–and One Direction broadened their musical horizons by hitting the studio with Benji and Joel Madden of Good Charlotte. Nicki Minaj got down to her birthday suit for some sexy shower selfies, as did Workaholics star Blake Anderson, whose revealing photo served to welcome his new bundle of joy to the Instagram world. Yet again, members of the Kardashian Klan attempted to prove their worth to the entertainment industry, this time by holding a staring contest–we’re not kidding.
For more of what you missed on the ‘gram over the last several days, check out our roundup of essential photos above.
[Photo Credit: @nickiminaj, @jessicasimpson, @badgalriri, @duckyantonoff]
As Kim Kardashian and Kanye West‘s wedding approaches, new details are emerging about the big day. First up: Jay Z as West’s best man. According to insiders, Jay has not interest in participating in (or even attending) the wedding if it’s going to be filmed for Keeping Up With The Kardashians. The rapper doesn’t want him, Beyonce or Blue Ivy to appear on the E! reality series.
Meanwhile, Jay Z is not the only one making demands. Kardashian is turning into something of a Bridezilla as she finalizes her dress for the most important wedding of her career. The Gossip Table initially reported that Kim would be wearing white, it turns out she settled on a cream color and the dress will a fitted yet subdued. But the decisions haven’t come without the stress. But with the dress and prenup taken care of, she may be able to calm down.
Speaking of prenuptial agreements, over the weekend, Kimye finalized details of their marriage contract. According to RadarOnline.com, Kardashian will get million for every year she stays married to Yeezus. The amount is capped at million. In addition to the yearly stipend, the title of their Bel Air mansion will be in Kardashian’s name, and she gets to keep all the jewelry and gifts given to her by soon-to-be husband.
While West reportedly didn’t think a prenup was necessary, he just needs to check out these most expensive weddings to end in divorce and then maybe he’ll be thankful the additional protection.
Get more celebrity gossip and entertainment news at VH1 Celebrity!
A lot of couples spare no expense when it comes to their wedding day, but is it worth all the cash if the marriage is doomed for divorce? The fifteen couples on this list spent an estimated combined total of .5 million on their big days. Maybe it would have been worth it if their love had lasted forever, but all these marriages had unhappy endings.
When you’re in love with someone, you want the world to know about it. When celebrities are in love with someone, they waste millions of dollars on the wedding ceremony. While it’s absolutely a celebrity’s prerogative to live a lavish and opulent lifestyle, we can’t help but feel that their millions of dollars could have been better spent elsewhere. Paying off debt? Investing in land? Donated to charities to help needy children? Donated to US?
What’s even more interesting is that when these couples get divorced, they waste even more money. Marc Anthony spent 0,000 when he wed Dayanara Torres. They were only married for a few years, but now she wants 3,000 a month in child support so their children can live it up. Paul McCartney ponied up million when he married Heather Mills, but she sucked him dry in their bitter divorce.
It’s not just a bank account that’s ruined, though. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a million dollar wedding and their separation ruined Cruise’s reputation. Tommy Mottola wooed Mariah Carey with a half million dollar ceremony and she dragged him through the dirt after their divorce, too!
When an expensive marriage fails, the celebrities involved lose more than just love, they lose a ton of money–and their reputation. But let’s focus on the money because these over-the-top weddings were epic wastes of money.
Did Stacy Keibler tie the knot this weekend? Which American Hustle star is having a baby? How much does Stanley Tucci‘s Caesar Flickerman laugh during The Hunger Games films?
- Sources say that ABC insiders are calling Juan Pablo Galavis the “worst Bachelor ever,” and can’t wait for his season to be over. Galavis’s anti-gay comments not only reflected poorly on the show, but overshadowed Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici‘s wedding. [Eonline]
- Stacy Keibler got married to Jared Pobre in an intimate beach wedding this weekend. Keibler broke up with George Clooney last summer and only started dating Pobre last fall, but the two have known each other for five years. [People]
- Christian Bale and his wife Sibi are expecting their second child. The actor and his makeup artist wife already have an 8-year-old daughter. [US Magazine]
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is available on Blu-Ray and DVD this weekend. Even though the film is full of drama and tragedy, one character, Caesar Flickerman, certainly does like to laugh a lot. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: ABC]
Did Jennifer Lawrence‘s Oscar date write a tell-all blog post? Is Susan Sarandon going to be a grandma? Are the critics into Wes Anderson‘s The Grand Budapest Hotel?
- The Kardashians have claimed in the past that they don’t use real exterior shots of their homes on Keeping Up With The Kardashians for security reasons. However, the rumor now is that they are opting for more impressive and more opulent exteriors because their homes are swanky enough for TV. [RadarOnline]
- We’ve all wanted to be Jennifer Lawrence’s BFF, but that honor goes to Laura Simpson. Simpson was Lawrence’s date to the Oscars and she spilled all the deets in an essay for MySpace. [MySpace]
- Susan Sarandon is about to have a granddaughter. Her daughter, Eva Amurri Martino, revealed that she is pregnant with a girl on WhoSay. [People]
- Wes Anderson’s new film, The Grand Budapest Hotel, opened this weekend and critics seem to like it! Most notably, they like the discovery of Ralph Fiennes as a comic actor. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
What is it about a show following a foursome of fabulous women that makes it so compulsively watchable? Sex & the City, Designing Women, Girlfriends — the formula has been a proven hit, time after time. To figure out why, we of course have to refer to the OG of female foursome TV: The Golden Girls. Following the lives of sexy seniors raunching it up in a Miami retirement community, the multi-Emmy winner introduced the four archetypes that would be the secret sauce for the success of all it’s imitators: The Witty Everywoman (ie, the leader of the pack), the Innocent (ie, the lovable airhead), the Vixen (ie, the tart who’ll steal your man and giggle about it), and the Realist (ie, the wise-cracking shade-thrower). This combination? Ratings gold.
To celebrate Girls’ creator Lena Dunham’s first SNL hosting gig, let’s take a look at some of our favorite female foursomes in TV history. Sofia Petrillo forever.
Oh life is so sweet when you’re one of the rich and the famous. The cars, the money, the houses, the wigs. Wait what? Well, when you’re Nicki Minaj, there’s plenty of looks to be had. On the next episode of The Fabulous Life, VH1 goes deep inside the lavish world of the female rapper. And girl, it’s all things fierce.
In case you missed the first episode with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, we break down the most fabulous facts about their life.
You can also watch full episodes, show highlights, and more on the VH1 App, now available for free on the App Store and Google Play. The Fabulous Life of Nicki Minaj premieres Wednesday, March 12 at 9 PM EST.
What’s up? Are you happy it’s Friday? Yeah! Is that because it’s finally time for the weekend or because you know that tonight is the night we find out who is having the Best Week Ever? We can’t reveal who is having the Best Week Ever until an all new episode of Best Week Ever airs tonight, March 7 at 10/9 C. However, you can check out these exclusive behind-the-scenes clips with the Best Week Ever cast. Then, let us know who YOU think is having the Best Week Ever!
Pete Lee is rooting for NeNe Leakes because she’s down-to-earth–just like him!
While Michelle Buteau is dropping her panties for the beauty that is Connie Britton.
Finally, Sherrod Small is giving it up for Annie‘s Quvenzhané Wallis.
That’s just what they think. What about you?
Who do YOU think is having the Best Week Ever?
Don’t forget to tune in for a brand new episode of Best Week Ever this Friday at 10/9 C. SET YOUR DVR!
- Last Lap: How Is Katie Holmes Taking Over New York’s Social Scene?
- Your Move: Resurrection Star Omar Epps Answers The Tough Questions + Shows Off His Kanye West Impression
- Lena Dunham’s Presidential Double Date, Jessica Simpson’s Triple Kiss + More Of What You Missed On Instagram
- Is Jay Z Skipping Kimye’s Wedding + Details On The Prenup
- What A Waste Of Money! The Most Expensive Celeb Weddings That Ended In Divorce