Is Chris Evans over being Captain America? Why was the twitter buzz for True Detective so negative last night? Did 300: Rise Of An Empire slay at the box office this weekend?
- Shailene Woodley doesn’t own a cell phone because she believes there’s “a bigger lack of camaraderie and community than there’s ever been.” Woodley also often takes treks up into the mountains to collect her own spring water and forage for berries. [Eonline]
- Chris Evans might lead the Avengers as Captain America, but he’s over doing Marvel movies. “I just don’t if my heart’s as in it as it once was,” he said. “I think when I’m down with this Marvel contract, I’ll take a little break from acting.” [Celebitchy]
- True Detective fans took to twitter in record numbers last night, but it wasn’t good buzz for HBO. Fans were complaining because their HBO GO accounts all crashed during the hyped finale. [US Magazine]
- 300: Rise Of An Empire grossed an estimated .05 million this weekend and cam in first place at the box office. Mr. Peabody and Sherman opened at a disappointing second place. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
We love TV’s iconic romantic couples. The lusty buildup, the will-they-or-won’t-they. The overwhelming obstacles. The office sex (we’re looking at you, Scandal. Obviously). But sometimes, it’s even more fun to watch the dazzling chemistry between totally platonic onscreen duos. Take Breaking Bad’s Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, for example. Their totally murderous, deeply dysfunctional, howlingly illegal – but somehow, sweetly father/son-esque — connection was far more intriguing than the ones they had with their significant others. Would Mad Men even be Mad Men without the emotional abusive, but deeply loving central relationship of Don Draper and Peggy Olson? And admit it, you tuned in to 30 Rock to watch Jack Donaghey hurl insults at his bestie (disguised as foil), Liz Lemon.
After the season finale of True Detective, a show with one of the most compelling non-romantic TV pairs, ever — let’s take a look at our favorite bromances, frenemies, and BFFs on televisions.
Get your sword and your shield ready because we’re going to be chatting LIVE with Vikings star Alexander Ludwig this Wednesday, March 12 at 11:10 AM EST for a very special Very VH1 Spreecast. We’ll be talking to The Hunger Games hunk about what it’s like to join a beloved show like Vikings in its second season and we’ll be asking him all of your burning questions.
Alexander Ludwig is perhaps best known for playing Cato in The Hunger Games, but soon he’ll be joining the cast of Vikings as the older version of Ragnar and Lagertha’s son, Bjorn. We’ll be chatting with Alexander LIVE over Spreecast about what to expect from a grown-up Bjorn.
If you’ve never participated in a Spreecast before, never fear! It’s way easier than invading and raiding Wessex. Just visit this page on Wednesday, March 12 at 11:10 AM EST. If you want to chat with other Vikings fans or ask Alexander a question, all you have to do is click on those talk balloons and sign in. You might even get a chance to talk to Alexander directly via video chat!
On Sunday, OWN debuted the highly anticipated docu-reality series, Lindsay, about Lindsay Lohan‘s comeback after her latest stint in rehab. Much of the premiere focused on Lohan’s attempts to find a NYC apartment while she’s holed up in a hotel. While fans expressed their excitement for the series on Twitter, Lohan herself wasn’t too happy with her portrayal.
While promoting the show, Lohan has expressed that she has a tight bond with Oprah Winfrey, who is producing the show. However, that relationship may be in trouble now that the show has debuted. At least, if the series continues to showcase Lohan in a negative light.
WARNING: Bachelor Spoilers Below
Has Juan Pablo Galavis destroyed ABC’s The Bachelor? Sources say that network insiders are calling Galavis the “worst Bachelor ever.” With Galavis handing out his final rose tonight, the show can’t end soon enough. Though, it looks like there won’t be a fairytale wedding for him or his final pick.
Get more celebrity gossip and entertainment news at VH1 Celebrity!
Who’s getting the MTV Generation Award? Khloe Kardashian isn’t afraid to strut, and Benedict Cumberbatch is tired of being typecast.
- Katie Holmes is reportedly attached to a new TV show, playing a New York City socialite. Since this is her first role as a series regular since Dawson’s Creek ended in 2003, we’d love to see her rule the small screen once more! [People]
- Khloe Kardashian is one hot mama! The Gossip Table crew looks at the newly single reality star’s latest style choice, all while giving her hope that she’ll find love again very soon.
- In a new interview, Benedict Cumberbatch revealed that being cast as a know-it-all has lost its luster. The acclaimed actor feels he’s ready to play a “dumb character.” Come on, Benedict, the ladies love a smart man! [Perez Hilton]
- Mark Wahlberg‘s days as a rapper are long behind him, and he’s left fans some memorable movie roles in the years since. No wonder he’s getting the Generation Award at this year’s MTV Movie Awards! [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Your Move: Resurrection Star Omar Epps Answers The Tough Questions + Shows Off His Kanye West Impression
From starring in Juice with a young Tupac Shakur to dancing behind Queen Latifah, Omar Epps has had an illustrious and diverse career. In the new ABC series Resurrection he plays J. Martin Bellamy, an American federal agent who finds himself inexplicably involved in a case of deceased family members coming back from the dead. Omar was careful not to spill the beans on the intricacies of the show’s central mystery during a recent visit to VH1, but he was completely down to show off his Kanye West impression. Yes, we all have one.
It might be easy for the Brooklyn native to choose New York City over Los Angeles, but it’s clear deciding between Bey and Jay and Kimye comes at a price. In honor of the many pairs of doctor scrubs he’s worn on the air, we tested his Operation skills in the latest edition of Your Move, and were treated to a wonderful reenactment of a now-infamous Yeezy-Sway interview. Watch at your own risk, especially if your name is Kanye.
Catch Resurrection on ABC Sundays at 9/8 C.
[Photo Credit: VH1]
Lena Dunham’s Presidential Double Date, Jessica Simpson’s Triple Kiss + More Of What You Missed On Instagram
As if a Saturday Night Live hosting gig isn’t enough for one lifetime, Girls star Lena Dunham got cozy with the Obamas over the weekend. Dunham’s boyfriend, fun. guitarist Jack Antonoff, shared a photo of the fearless foursome on Instagram, making us wonder whether they each revealed their thoughts on Ukraine, or just jumped into a debate about Taylor Swift vs. Beyoncé.
It’s not rare for celebrities to have more fashionable and fabulous weekends than us normals. Rihanna and recent Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o were in Paris to take in fashion shows, and RiRi showed us exactly what kind of special treatment she gets from her designer family while in the City of Lights. Taylor Swift took a road trip to remind us that Lorde isn’t her only celebrity friend–she has hundreds!–and One Direction broadened their musical horizons by hitting the studio with Benji and Joel Madden of Good Charlotte. Nicki Minaj got down to her birthday suit for some sexy shower selfies, as did Workaholics star Blake Anderson, whose revealing photo served to welcome his new bundle of joy to the Instagram world. Yet again, members of the Kardashian Klan attempted to prove their worth to the entertainment industry, this time by holding a staring contest–we’re not kidding.
For more of what you missed on the ‘gram over the last several days, check out our roundup of essential photos above.
[Photo Credit: @nickiminaj, @jessicasimpson, @badgalriri, @duckyantonoff]
As Kim Kardashian and Kanye West‘s wedding approaches, new details are emerging about the big day. First up: Jay Z as West’s best man. According to insiders, Jay has not interest in participating in (or even attending) the wedding if it’s going to be filmed for Keeping Up With The Kardashians. The rapper doesn’t want him, Beyonce or Blue Ivy to appear on the E! reality series.
Meanwhile, Jay Z is not the only one making demands. Kardashian is turning into something of a Bridezilla as she finalizes her dress for the most important wedding of her career. The Gossip Table initially reported that Kim would be wearing white, it turns out she settled on a cream color and the dress will a fitted yet subdued. But the decisions haven’t come without the stress. But with the dress and prenup taken care of, she may be able to calm down.
Speaking of prenuptial agreements, over the weekend, Kimye finalized details of their marriage contract. According to RadarOnline.com, Kardashian will get million for every year she stays married to Yeezus. The amount is capped at million. In addition to the yearly stipend, the title of their Bel Air mansion will be in Kardashian’s name, and she gets to keep all the jewelry and gifts given to her by soon-to-be husband.
While West reportedly didn’t think a prenup was necessary, he just needs to check out these most expensive weddings to end in divorce and then maybe he’ll be thankful the additional protection.
Get more celebrity gossip and entertainment news at VH1 Celebrity!
A lot of couples spare no expense when it comes to their wedding day, but is it worth all the cash if the marriage is doomed for divorce? The fifteen couples on this list spent an estimated combined total of .5 million on their big days. Maybe it would have been worth it if their love had lasted forever, but all these marriages had unhappy endings.
When you’re in love with someone, you want the world to know about it. When celebrities are in love with someone, they waste millions of dollars on the wedding ceremony. While it’s absolutely a celebrity’s prerogative to live a lavish and opulent lifestyle, we can’t help but feel that their millions of dollars could have been better spent elsewhere. Paying off debt? Investing in land? Donated to charities to help needy children? Donated to US?
What’s even more interesting is that when these couples get divorced, they waste even more money. Marc Anthony spent 0,000 when he wed Dayanara Torres. They were only married for a few years, but now she wants 3,000 a month in child support so their children can live it up. Paul McCartney ponied up million when he married Heather Mills, but she sucked him dry in their bitter divorce.
It’s not just a bank account that’s ruined, though. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a million dollar wedding and their separation ruined Cruise’s reputation. Tommy Mottola wooed Mariah Carey with a half million dollar ceremony and she dragged him through the dirt after their divorce, too!
When an expensive marriage fails, the celebrities involved lose more than just love, they lose a ton of money–and their reputation. But let’s focus on the money because these over-the-top weddings were epic wastes of money.
Did Stacy Keibler tie the knot this weekend? Which American Hustle star is having a baby? How much does Stanley Tucci‘s Caesar Flickerman laugh during The Hunger Games films?
- Sources say that ABC insiders are calling Juan Pablo Galavis the “worst Bachelor ever,” and can’t wait for his season to be over. Galavis’s anti-gay comments not only reflected poorly on the show, but overshadowed Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici‘s wedding. [Eonline]
- Stacy Keibler got married to Jared Pobre in an intimate beach wedding this weekend. Keibler broke up with George Clooney last summer and only started dating Pobre last fall, but the two have known each other for five years. [People]
- Christian Bale and his wife Sibi are expecting their second child. The actor and his makeup artist wife already have an 8-year-old daughter. [US Magazine]
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is available on Blu-Ray and DVD this weekend. Even though the film is full of drama and tragedy, one character, Caesar Flickerman, certainly does like to laugh a lot. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: ABC]
- First Dibs: Is Shailene Woodley Shading Your Choice Of Cell Phone?
- Dynamic Duos: The 10 Greatest Platonic TV Couples of All Time
- Very VH1: Chat LIVE With Vikings Star Alexander Ludwig!
- Will Lindsay Lohan’s New Reality Show Destroy Her Career?
- Last Lap: How Is Katie Holmes Taking Over New York’s Social Scene?