Get Nicki Minaj’s Geometric Booties, Kim Kardashian’s Blush and More in this Week’s Celebrity Shopping List
From the MTV Video Music Awards to the Emmys, there were a zillion opportunities for celebs to rock their sexiest, flyest, most glamorous looks this week. And whew, they did. Kim Kardashian hit the VMAs in a red-and-black patterned mini dress so boob-baring that we wondered if it was on backwards. Sweet-faced Ariana Grande sported black leather thigh-high boots that would’ve been legit dominatrix had she not been wearing them — and Kerry Washington’s blue shimmer shadow caused a small sensation at the Emmy’s. It goes without saying that we want it all.
Check out the ten most standout superstar looks of the week, and how to steal the style at home (for less). Happy shopping!
Smirnoff Has Your Cocktail For the Weekend, Kardashians Are Launching a Line of Hair Products + More in Today’s Last Lap
Smirnoff has the perfect drink for your Labor Day weekend, if you want hair like the Kardashians, you’re in luck, Prince Harry has a new girlfriend and more of today’s celebrity news in Last Lap.
- The Kardashian sisters team up with Farouk Systems to launch their line of hair tools and styling products. [WWD]
- Sorry ladies, Prince Harry has a new leading lady in his life. And they’re already vacationing. [Marie Claire]
- Now that Brad Pitt finally put a ring on it, get a first look at Angelina Jolie‘s wedding ring. [US Weekly]
- Shonda Rhimes books a cameo on The Mindy Project. [THR]
- Mean Girls hottie Jonathan Bennett and more Dancing With the Stars. [Hollywood Life]
- Rachael Ray‘s show may be in trouble. [Radar Online]
- Glee and Awkward alum Nolan Funk joins the cast of Arrow. [EW]
- After three years, Chelsea Clinton is leaving NBC News. [TV Guide]
- To get you geared up for the holiday, have a refreshing taste of summer with Smirnoff’s Strawbasil Splash. Simple and delicious, it’s a perfect cocktail for your weekend get togethers. Here’s what you need and how to make it:
1.5 oz. SMIRNOFF SORBET® Light Summer Strawberry
4 oz. Diet lemonade
Garnish: Basil leaf
Muddle the basil in the bottom of the highball glass, add ice, add remaining ingredients, stir and garnish.
[Photo Credit: Smirnoff]
The Emmys are over and the winners are in. The only question remaining is: Have you watched 2014′s essential TV yet? If not, don’t panic, we’ve got your back. Netflix does too. Luckily for the uninitiated, many of this years Emmy Award winning shows are available to stream via Netflix: Breaking Bad, Sherlock, Louie, Fargo and American Horror Story. Other winners included Modern Family, The Amazing Race, The Good Wife (all watchable via Hulu Plus), Veep and True Detective (which you can see on HBO Go). So this long weekend, sit down, loosen your belt, and bust out the popcorn because we’ve got your guide to catching up with the finest television on Netflix, including key episodes from seasons that shouldn’t be missed.
Breaking Bad cleaned up at The Emmys. On a night that most expected would belong to HBO’s True Detective, Breaking Bad solidified its place as one of the greatest TV series in history. With Bryan Cranston taking Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series and co-starts Anna Gunn and Aaron Paul winning for Outstanding Supporting Actress and Actor in a Drama Series respectively, the stars of the show were given their just due.
The show also won the Emmy for Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series, for the episode “Ozymandias” (season 5, episode 14) which was a critic and fan favorite. Widely regarded as one of the best episodes of television ever made, it’s well worth going back and watching again, or if you haven’t watched Breaking Bad, binge-watching your way there. (Netflix has all 5 seasons of the show on demand). We don’t want to give too much away but it’s breathtakingly suspenseful, beautifully shot, and gut wrenching in its character-driven plot, setting the scene for the series’ climactic ending.
Keira Knightley Goes Completely Topless For Interview, Joan Rivers Remains In a Medically Induced Coma + More of Today’s First Dibs
Keira Knightley doesn’t leave anything to the imagination, Joan Rivers remains in a stable state after being hospitalized, Jon Stewart makes his directorial debut with Rosewater and more of today’s First Dibs.
- Keira Knightley lets it all hand out for the September issue of Interview magazine. [Hollywood Life]
- Since her hospital scare yesterday morning, Joan Rivers remains in a medically induced coma. [CBS]
- Adam Brody says kissing Rachel Bilson back in the day was “one of the all time greats.” Seth + Summer = 4 ever. [US Weekly]
- The Walking Dead cast dishes on how they would like their characters to die. [EW]
- We finally get a peak of Jon Stewart’s directorial debut with the Rosewater trailer. [MTV]
- Blake Lively was attacked by bees when celebrating her 27th birthday. [Gossip Cop]
- Ghostbusters will return to theaters for its 30th anniversary. [USA]
- Abercrombie & Fitch ditches the iconic moose logo from its clothing. [CS Monitor]
- Netflix paid million to pick up The Blacklist. [E!]
[Photo Credit: Interview Magazine]
By: Sarah M. Smith
Naya Rivera and Lea Michele have much more in common than just their Glee roots. First off, they both seem to be suffering from wanderlust this summer — Italy, Hawaii, and Mexico are all recently traveled grounds for these two vacation vixens. But more importantly, they both have flawless bikini bodies that they love to flaunt on boats, beaches, and most importantly, Instagram.
Both know all about healthy living, and their bodies certainly show it. Organic foodie Lea is an avid hiker, while blogger Naya has her own site where she dishes out all of her beauty secrets. So it doesn’t come as a surprise that these two would have enviable figures. There has been talk of their clashes on set, so it’s only fitting to have them battle it out, bikini-style. Which competitive co-star rocks a two-piece better?
You know the drill: Check out these two bikini-clad brunettes and their extremely fit physiques. Then hit the poll below and vote for your pick for the best bikini body. Are you loving Naya’s curves and chiseled core? Can’t get enough of Lea’s bubble-butt backside? Either way, we know you’ll probably never watch Glee the same way again.
Watch Lea discuss the possibilities of a boy band episode of Glee with Nick Lachey on Big Morning Buzz Live earlier this year.
[Photo Credit: @msleamichele, @nayarivera]
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie To Shoot “Crazy Sex Scenes,” Jennifer Aniston Takes a Stand on Not Having Kids + More in Today’s Last Lap
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are about to make your hump day a whole lot better, Jennifer Aniston sticks it to the man when it comes to her personal life, Jessica Alba makes a killing with her new company and more of today’s celebrity news.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt will shoot “crazy sex scenes” together for an upcoming film By the Sea. [US Weekly]
- The legendary Michael Jordan is astounded by John Federer, whom he watched at the U.S. open last night after the two collaborated on a new shoe. Talk about dream team. [NY Post]
- How did Stephen Colbert react to Gwen Stefani flubbing his name at the Emmys? [ET]
- Jennifer Aniston says her “value as a woman” isn’t measured by motherhood. [Today]
- Central Perk opens in NYC to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the beloved Friends premiere. [Warner Bros]
- Paris Hilton gets paid 0,000 per hour to DJ. Just let that sink in. [Naughty Nice Rob]
- Two years after it’s launch, Jessica Alba’s company Honest is worth nearly Billion. [E!]
- Check out the new trailer for The Song. [YouTube]
- [Photo Credit: Getty]
Joan Rivers Remains In Stable But Critical Condition, Kendall Jenner Wants To Change Her Name + More In Today’s Last Lap
Joan Rivers remains in critical condition after she stopped breathing during a throat surgery this morning, Kendall Jenner wants to leave her Kardashian-Jenner reputation behind, Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K. are co-creating a new comedy series about a clown and more in today’s Last Lap.
- Joan Rivers is in stable, but critical condition since being hospitalized this morning after she stopped breathing during throat surgery. [CBS]
UPDATE: Joan Rivers is in critical but stable condition. Keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.
— E! Online (@eonline) August 28, 2014
- Kendall Jenner wants to be professionally known as Kendall. News flash: You are not Madonna. [Complex]
- Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K. are bringing a new comedy called Baskets to FX. [Vanity Fair]
- There were only 22 people at Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie‘s wedding. [E!]
- Kristen Stewart says people “don’t know d–k s–t” about her life in a new interview. Alright, then. [US Weekly]
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes even more perfect by winning UEFA’s “Best Player in Europe” award for the first time. [NBC]
- Photos have surfaced of Paula Patton flashing her nipples in a sheer dress at an Emmys after party. [E!]
- ABC releases a new but strange Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. billboard in L.A. [EW]
- Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos was fined ,200 by the NFL for taunting during a preseason game. [SI]
[Photo Credit: Getty]
While many fans spent the summer taking time off, these actors worked their asses off to stand out from the crop of blockbuster films and reality TV, delivering something fun, fresh, and exciting. Not only were their projects hits in their own right, the actors themselves were breakouts and proved to be ones to watch for the rest of the year. From Obvious Child‘s Jenny Slate to Billy Eichner, check out our picks for the biggest ones to watch come fall.
Thanks to her romantic dark comedy, Obvious Child, Jenny Slate finally graduated from TV guest star and former Saturday Night Live cast member to indie darling. The actress has been building buzz with her guest role on Parks and Recreation and now she has a project to celebrate that’s all her own.
The sleeper hit of the summer definitely belonged to Belle, which tells the story of an illegitimate mixed-race daughter of a Royal Naval officer. Gugu Mbatha-Raw shined in the title role winning the hearts of critics and fans alike. Her name may not be familiar now but more from her when her second film, Beyond the Lights, hits theaters in November.
With four films (The Giver, Maleficent, Oculus, and The Signal) out this year and another two on the way, Brenton Thwaites is 2014’s It Boy. And thanks to the high pedigree of his co-stars (Angelina Jolie, Laurence Fishborne, and Meryl Streep), the 25-year-old actor is making the right impression with Hollywood.
Catherine Cartan Bellis, better known as CiCi Bellis, is the 15-year-old tennis sensation and youngest American to win a U.S. Open match since Anna Kournikova 28 years ago. She has talent, she has grace, she has determination and you better believe she’ll have thousands of admirers (even if some are unwanted and inappropriate) by the time the competition is finished. Plus, she says Justin Bieber is just “okay,” which makes her so much more badass in our book.
This California girl was bound to be a star athlete. Below, that’s her posing with Maria Sharapova and Daniela Hantuchova when she was just 12. She was also born in 1999, the year Serena Williams won her first U.S. Open. Coincidence?
the girl that's giving domi fits right now, folks pic.twitter.com/xQhOJFcoDW
— Jordan (@heelsrule1988) August 26, 2014
CiCi continues her journey to tennis stardom and plays against Zarina Diyas this afternoon. In the meantime, hop into the gallery above and become better acquainted with this teenage tennis superstar that’s breaking records and kicking ass.
It’s been nine years since Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt formed Hollywood’s hottest couple. And just days ago, the actors finally tied the knot!
According to the Associated Press, the stars wed at a chateau in France. Their six children had roles in the ceremony, which was a small affair with only family and close friends attending. With the amount of attention Jolie and Pitt have gotten over the years, we can’t blame them for keeping their big day under wraps.
To mark the couple’s milestone, we’re taking a look back at their fabulous relationship. Check out our gallery to see the stars’ journey toward marriage.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
- Get Nicki Minaj’s Geometric Booties, Kim Kardashian’s Blush and More in this Week’s Celebrity Shopping List
- Smirnoff Has Your Cocktail For the Weekend, Kardashians Are Launching a Line of Hair Products + More in Today’s Last Lap
- The Essential Emmy Winners Streaming On Netflix Right Now
- Keira Knightley Goes Completely Topless For Interview, Joan Rivers Remains In a Medically Induced Coma + More of Today’s First Dibs
- Battle of the Bikini Selfies: Lea Michele vs. Naya Rivera