High fashion is going nuts for the cornrow right now, thanks to models Cara Delevingne, Chanel Iman, and many a Fall 2014 runway look. While we might have been missing the style in the recent years, celebrities are no strangers to cornrows. Adorning the heads of some of the worlds biggest stars — from Beyoncé to David Beckham — it was hard to avoid cornrows at dawn of the millennium. Christina Aguilera, Tyra Banks, and even fictional characters like Friends‘ Monica Geller were getting their hair twisted back in braids. Some were fixed with Bo Derek-style bead and shell flourishes, while others were styled into elaborate up-dos. Justin Timberlake even sported some to help establish himself as a “serious” artist with R&B tendencies during the later days of ‘N Sync.
So cornrows aren’t “back,” they never really left. Need proof? Here are the best cornrow moments dating back to the days when Cara D. was still in grade school.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Chelsea Handler Wants To Distance Herself from the Kardashians, Julianne Hough Becomes a Judge + More in Today’s Last Lap
The late-night host reveals why she’s leaving E!, Kevin Sorbo posts controversial comments about Ferguson, Julianne Hough takes on a new role on Dancing With the Stars, and more celebrity news.
- Chelsea Handler reveals she’s leaving E! to distance herself from the network’s first family. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Julianne Hough returns to her stomping grounds as the fourth judge on DWTS. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Kevin Sorbo apologizes for calling those protesting the unrest in Ferguson “losers” and “animals.” [TMZ]
- Carson Daly and his fiancé Siri Printer welcome baby number three. [E!]
- As if he wasn’t perfect enough, Chris Pratt dressed as Star Lord to visit at children’s hospital. [Gawker]
- We get a peak of the Brooklyn Nine-Nine season premiere. [SpoilerTV]
- OK! shames Jessica Simpson for looking “unfeminine.” [Gossip Cop]
- Did you know Paris Hilton auditioned for Anna Faris‘ role in Just Friends? [Cosmopolitan]
- Even Scarlett Johansson gets ice cream pregnancy cravings. [Just Jared]
- Check out the trailer for the season two finale of The Walking Dead: The Game. [@telltalegames]
- End of an era: Jersey Shore‘s Sammi and Ronnie have broken up. Wait, they were dating this whole time? [People]
- Billy Crystal will present a Robin Williams tribute at Monday night’s Emmy Awards. [The Wrap]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
After 25 years of The Simpsons, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who can’t recount at least one joke from the long-running animated series. From Homer’s “Doh” to Bart’s “eat my shorts,” it’s a show stuffed with more iconic moments than anything else. Some of the best, of course, are courtesy of celebrity cameos.
Whether it’s classic stars like Leonard Nimoy or newer sensations like LeBron James, The Simpsons only invites the best talent to join its hallowed ranks. It’s seen Tom Jones performing at gun point, Luke Perry as a sideshow act, Star Wars‘ own Mark Hamill being rescued by Homer himself, and Xena: Warrior Princess aka Lucy Lawless flying through the air. There’s serious actors being silly, talk show hosts like Conan O’Brien getting meta, and legendary musicians — yes, ‘N Sync counts — passing through the tiny town of Springfield. In celebration of The Simpsons‘ 25th anniversary, and FXX marathoning the entire series over the next 12 days, we’re taking a look at the greatest, most memorable celebrity cameos. Let us know your favorites, in the comments.
[Photo Credit: FOX]
Cara Delevingne in Talks for a Beach Boys Movie Musical, Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence Have a “Super-Romantic” Date + More of Today’s First Dibs
Cara Delevingne could soon be leaving the runway behind, Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence head to the vineyard for some romance, Daniel Radcliffe is more than content with his love life, and more celebrity news to jumpstart your day.
- Model Cara Delevingne could soon be rocking out to The Beach Boys in the upcoming film All Summer Long. [Elle]
- Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence’s fling may be getting serious. [E!]
- Sorry, ladies. Daniel Radcliffe says he’s “very, very happy with someone.” [Cosmopolitan]
- Robin Williams‘ body has been cremated and his ashes were scattered over the San Francisco Bay. [TMZ]
- After three years of dating, Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp have split. [US Weekly]
- Michelle Rodriguez is in an “unconditional state of mind” after her split with Zac Efron. What does that even mean? [Just Jared]
- The first (real) American Horror Story: Freak Show teaser trailer is here. [YouTube]
- Bill Murray‘s Rock the Kasbah, starring Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, and Zooey Deschanel, will be released this spring. [Variety]
- French Montana never said he was dating Khloe Kardashian to capitalize on her fame. [Perez Hilton]
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molinda, and The Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal join the HBO miniseries Show Me a Hero. [THR]
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge got political when George W. Bush mocked President Obama, and then nominated Bill Clinton. Awkward. [Gossip Cop]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Drag has taken over pop culture. Just look at Derek J. and Miss Lawrence’s lipstick-laced chitchats on Bravo’s Fashion Queens. Or the extravaganza that is Logo’s Rupaul’s Drag Race. But men dressing like ladies — rocking makeup, specifically — has been around since the dawn of man. As women, we’re cool with it, until the men start looking hotter than we do. No fair!
Terry Richardson‘s portrait of James Franco (complete with powder blue eyeshadow and electric pink lips) was so glamorous, we seethed with envy. And what about Neil Patrick Harris, doused in glitter and gloss in Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch? So good. Excuse us while we race for Sephora’s club kid section.
From Jared Leto to Johnny Depp, check out our favorite male celebs who actually look prettier than women in makeup!
Leto’s Oscar-winning performance in Dallas Buyers Club was just one of the more memorable performances by a male actor in drag. Check out our favorite leading men as ladies, below.
Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez Call It Quits, Emma Stone Joins Broadway + More in Today’s Last Lap
Michelle Rodriguez may have broken Zac Efron‘s heart, Emma Stone gets her jazz hands ready, Lindsay Lohan is not making it rain, and more of today’s celebrity news.
- After only two months, Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez throw in the towel. [US Weekly]
- Emma Stone will make her Broadway debut as Sally Bowles in Cabaret this November. [Roundabout Theatre]
- Lindsay Lohan’s credit card was declined at a Southampton nightclub. [Gossip Girl]
- Gwyneth Paltrow gives her “conscious uncoupling” pitch to Beyoncé. [Hollywood Life]
- Despite a recent cover story, George Clooney and fiance Amal Alamuddin aren’t expecting. [Gossip Cop]
- Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner weighs in on the series finale. [Just Jared]
- Get a peak of Tom Hardy and his massive beard in BBC’s crime drama Peaky Blinders. [Short List]
- Melissa Joan Hart makes a departure from her Sabrina days with red hair. [Huffington Post]
- Are Kate Gosselin and Steve Neild dating again? [THG]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Everyone has to start somewhere. Chris Pratt may have landed huge blockbuster films like Guardians of the Galaxy and The Lego Movie, but before that, he was just a young stud living in Hawaii, waiting for his big break. Pratt recently posted a super sweet snapshot of his baby-faced self showing off the van he was living out of as an unknown actor. In his hand? The script that would take him straight to Hollywood.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Pratt was working at Bubba Gump Shrimp while waiting to hear back from director Rae Dawn Chong, who ultimately cast him in Cursed Part 3. After that he landed television roles in Everwood, The O.C., and Parks and Recreation. And from there, the rest is history.
But Pratt wasn’t the only notable star who was homeless before Hollywood. Check out which other actors struggled before fame, in the gallery below. While you’re at, be sure to give us your reactions to young Pratt’s curly blonde hair and Scooby-Doo van in the comments.
[Photo Credit: Chris Pratt/Facebook]
- By JARVIS
It’s not every day that someone just casually bumps into an Oscar-winning actress in an elevator. Well, maybe not casually. More like energetically forced, but still. Mira Sorvino!
How could I not freak out? Thank God Mira was as graceful and patient as ever. She had no problem answering my questions about her new BBC America show, Intruders. She warned me all about the series’ crazy twists and turns, and how, in the show, people can seek refuge in other people’s brains. Eek! It sounds crazy, but sign me up for a season pass.
Now, I couldn’t call myself a true Mira Sorvino fan if I didn’t talk to her about her iconic role in my favorite movie of all time, Romy And Michele’s High School Reunion. And praises be, she was all about it! We even did the prom dance together. Wow, I’m freaking out! I may need to go see a chiropractor now, but it’s OK. For Mira Sorvino, it’s totally worth it!
Want to see interviews of other celebs I’ve found in the elevator? Check out the video gallery below for my chats with Adam Pally, Cee Lo Green, Estelle, and more.
Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Benedict Cumberbatch Cast in The Jungle Book + More of Today’s First Dibs
Eva Longoria goes from desperate housewife to defense attorney, Andy Serkis‘ The Jungle Book gets another big time name, Kate Gosselin returns to TV, and more celebrity news that yo missed while you were sleeping.
- Eva Longoria joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine as a possible love interest for Jake (Andy Samberg). [TV Guide]
- Benedict Cumberbatch joins The Jungle Book as the villainous tiger Shere Khan. [Vanity Fair]
- Angelina Jolie says the upcoming film Unbroken, about U.S. Olympian turned war hero Louis Zamperini, is a “giant responsibility.” [EW]
- Beware, everyone. Kate Gosselin is heading back to TLC with Kate Plus Eight. [Naughty Nice Rob]
- Adam Sandler plays a married man searching for escorts in Men, Women & Children. [Gossip Cop]
- Henry Cavill barely gives us a peak of the “S” on his chest on the Batman V Superman set. [Just Jared]
- Jamie Blackley says his If I Stay co-star Chloe Moretz is “easy to love.” [Seventeen]
- Which Disney star had quite the temper tantrum at the Teen Choice Awards? [Hollywood Scoop]
- Michael Myers will return in the latest Halloween installment. [Bloody Disgusting]
- Matthew McConaughey would look hot wearing a fanny pack. [BuzzFeed]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images/FOX]
Jessica Alba Admits To Being a “Prude,” Gisele Bundchen Is The World’s Highest Paid Model + More in Today’s Last Lap
Jessica Alba doesn’t lead as risqué of a life as she does in Sin City, Gisele Bundchen is rolling in major dough, Sofia Vergara wears what looks like an engagement ring, and more of today’s celebrity news stories you need to know.
- Even though she plays an exotic dancer in Sin City, Jessica Alba says she’s a “real prude.” [OK!]
- Gisele Bundchen tops the Forbes list of highest-paid models, cashing in about million this year.[WWD]
- Sofia Vergara sports major bling on her ring finger. Did Joe Manganiello pop the question already? [ET]
- Girls star Adam Driver covers GQ and recalls his experience going from a Marine to Juilliard student. [Just Jared]
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus has to deal with creepy cashiers (who look a lot like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul) in “Barely Legal Pawn.” [Splitsider]
- Believe it or not, but Robert Pattinson says his hardest role was Edward in Twilight. [Hollywood]
- Lost star Sonya Walger joins the cast of Scandal season four. [EW]
- The first photos have been released of Paul Rudd as Marvel’s Ant-Man. [Yahoo!]
- Tennis star Maria Sharapova tells us how we can win at life on the cover of Self. [THG]
[Photo Credit: Dimension/Getty Images]
- Remember The Last Time Celebrities Couldn’t Stop Rocking Cornrows?
- Chelsea Handler Wants To Distance Herself from the Kardashians, Julianne Hough Becomes a Judge + More in Today’s Last Lap
- The Greatest Simpsons Celebrity Cameos of the Past 25 Years
- Cara Delevingne in Talks for a Beach Boys Movie Musical, Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence Have a “Super-Romantic” Date + More of Today’s First Dibs
- Male Celebrities Who Look Hotter in Makeup Than Women