So many good outfits this week, so little time. Between the glammy Hollywood premieres of If I Stay and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, the stars — as the kids say — slayed the scene on red carpets. But honestly? We were most blown away by A-list street style. Rihanna rocked the cutoffs of life at Da Silvano (it’s worth nothing that, while in NYC, RiRi spends much of her time being photographed entering or fleeing Da Silvano). While coffee-shopping on the Lower East Side, Taylor Swift got super-Scottish in a fierce tartan minidress (who doesn’t wear a red plaid cocktail dress to pick up a tall soy latte?).
If you’re as obsessed with Katie Holmes‘ starry shirt and Chloe Moretz’ blonde waves as we are, check out how to reproduce the cutest celeb styles of the week!
[Photo: Splash News, Forever 21]
Monday’s Emmy Awards will feature a fitting tribute to the late Robin Williams, led by Billy Crystal. The beloved actor died earlier this month, but fans still can’t believe he’s gone. Ahead of Hollywood’s honor to the comedic genius, brush up on his noteworthy roles with our guide to his best films currently streaming on Netflix.
The Big Wedding (2013)
Williams isn’t the star in this film, but his role as a lovable priest offsets the other characters’ hilarious drama. A family pretends to get along as the wedding of their adopted son and sibling approaches. The star-studded cast includes Robert DeNiro and Diane Keaton.
The Birdcage (1996)
Similar to The Big Wedding, The Birdcage centers on family. However, the latter flick was also ahead of its time, transcending fans’ perception of homosexual couples at the time. Based on the play La Cage aux Folles, Williams plays a Miami nightclub owner who stages a lifestyle ruse to placate his son’s conservative future in-laws. Nathan Lane shines as Williams’ partner, and Hank Azaria is the family’s live-in housekeeper with showbiz dreams of his own.
Hennessy Has Your Cocktail For the Weekend, Jessica Simpson Considers a Bigger Booty + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Is Jessica Simpson going to be the next celeb to buy herself a big butt? [Radar Online]
- Your first look at the new season of Girls has come via Lena Dunham‘s Instagram. Thank her later. [Vulture]
- Tom Hardy accidentally photobombed a wedding party, but unfortunately his beautiful face was covered. [Uproxx]
- Katie Holmes and cutie-pie Suri are now neighbors with Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian. [TMZ]
- Get your TIVO ready. Great Britain has gifted us with another amazing television show—this time a couples therapy show where lovebirds get it on in a box. [Jezebel]
- Comment below on this sneak peak of Brittany Murphy‘s Lifetime biopic, including an Ashton Kutcher appearance. [BuzzFeed]
- Kevin Hart celebrated his new engagement at the strip club, wearing the most romantic T-shirt ever and partying alongside his ex. [TMZ]
- Game of Thrones creator, George R.R. Martin seems a little too excited about his “flexibility for killing more people” in his upcoming book, A Song of Ice and Fire. [Complex]
- And last but not least, get your Henny V.S on with the cocktail of the weekend—the unexpectedly delicious Ginger Apple. Here’s what you need and how to whip it up:
Take a sip of Hennessy’s Ginger Apple cocktail while perusing the biggest celebrity news of the day.
1.5 oz Hennessy V.S
.75 oz ginger liqueur
.5 oz lemon juice
2 oz apple cider or apple juice
1 dash angostura bitters
Apple spear and ginger spear
Shake all liquid except soda in a shaker tin with ice. Strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice.Top with soda and garnish with an apple and ginger spear.
[Photo Credit: Hennessy]
With the return of America’s Next Top Model, we are revisiting our favorite moments, including all the winning photo shoots, from the first 20 cycles of the series. While we ranked the cycles according to Tyra Banks’ hair, we didn’t take into account of all the judges that have served on the show’s panel. Since they’ve helped Tyra decide who would become America’s next great fashion hope, it’s important to examine all 13 of them.
Here, we’re ranking every ANTM main judge from worst to first.
Note: The number one judge is and always will be Tyra herself so she was not included in this list.
13. Bryanboy, Fashion blogger and social media correspondent
Representing the social media score, Bryan wasn’t so much of a judge as a judgey person at the panel who really had nothing to say.
12. Eric Nicholson, Senior Editor at Jane magazine
Sure, he fought with Janice — how could you not, really? — but he didn’t do much else. He was in and out and replaced by Nole in one cycle.
11. Beau Quillian, Fashion editor at Marie Claire
It’s easy to forget about Marie Claire’s fashion editor, who only served as a judge during the first cycle of the series. He did come back to guest judge a few episodes after that, and wasn’t the most intolerable judge of the series — see Bryanboy for that.
10. Kimora Lee Simmons, The owner and creative director of sexy women’s clothing line, Baby Phat
In what felt like “phone a friend,” Kimora was asked to participate in the first season of ANTM on behalf of Tyra. But it quickly became clear she did not have as much to offer as the rest of her panel.
9. Nole Marin, Prominent fashion editor and stylist
The queen of throwing shade, Nole liked to dish it out but never offered anything of use. He always seemed like a villain just waiting to pet his dog from the perch of his thrown, but lest he forget, Tyra is royalty (and there’s already one villain by the name of Janice).
8. Rob Evans, Male supermodel
Rob looked great on camera — and looked even better on Trya’s arms — but when it came to judging, he got wrapped up in the discussion over femininity when it came to judging the males. But in his defense, there’s not as much to offer men as there is to offer women. Next to Tyra, he seemed muted.
7. Twiggy, Legendary icon
When former British model Twiggy joined the series in Cycle 5, she was a breath of fresh air following four seasons of Janice’s terror. But her kindness often led to blandness; she didn’t offer the same pop or GIF-able appeal that normally delights ANTM fans. However, she was always composed and at least knew what she was talking about.
Gwyneth Paltrow Not Mad At Chris Martin + Jennifer Lawrence Hook Up, Donald Sterling Gets Outed + More of Today’s First Dibs
Gwyneth Paltrow thinks ex Chris Martin “could do worse” than Jennifer Lawrence, V. Stiviano claims she never had sex with former Clippers owner Donald Sterling because he’s gay, Pamela Anderson throws shade on ALS researchers, and more more celebrity news to jump-start your day.
- Gwyneth is unfazed by reports that ex Chris Martin is cozying up to J.Law. [US Weekly]
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson separated for a month, but are back together. [In Touch]
- Check out a new, mature side of Shailene Woodley in the White Bird in a Blizzard trailer. [Mashable]
- Jennifer Lawrence might appear in Quentin Tarantino‘s 2015 film The Hateful Eight. [Collider]
- V. Stiviano is now saying that former L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is gay, and she was simply his beard-mistress. [Gawker]
- Don’t expect an Ice Bucket Challenge video from Pamela Anderson. The actress is speaking out against the ALS association for its animal
- Enjoy a Parks and Recreation season six gag reel. [Inside TV]
- A foul ball finds its way into the hands of Chris Rock during a Yankees game, and he gives it away to a nearby fan. [Deadspin]
- Johnny Depp and Kevin Smith will team up with their daughters for the upcoming film Yoga Hosers. [L.A. Times]
- Aaron Paul is planning a pre-Emmy Awards Breaking Bad scavenger hunt. Yeah, bitch. [The Hollywood Reporter]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
High fashion is going nuts for the cornrow right now, thanks to models Cara Delevingne, Chanel Iman, and many a Fall 2014 runway look. While we might have been missing the style in the recent years, celebrities are no strangers to cornrows. Adorning the heads of some of the worlds biggest stars — from Beyoncé to David Beckham — it was hard to avoid cornrows at dawn of the millennium. Christina Aguilera, Tyra Banks, and even fictional characters like Friends‘ Monica Geller were getting their hair twisted back in braids. Some were fixed with Bo Derek-style bead and shell flourishes, while others were styled into elaborate up-dos. Justin Timberlake even sported some to help establish himself as a “serious” artist with R&B tendencies during the later days of ‘N Sync.
So cornrows aren’t “back,” they never really left. Need proof? Here are the best cornrow moments dating back to the days when Cara D. was still in grade school.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Chelsea Handler Wants To Distance Herself from the Kardashians, Julianne Hough Becomes a Judge + More in Today’s Last Lap
The late-night host reveals why she’s leaving E!, Kevin Sorbo posts controversial comments about Ferguson, Julianne Hough takes on a new role on Dancing With the Stars, and more celebrity news.
- Chelsea Handler reveals she’s leaving E! to distance herself from the network’s first family. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Julianne Hough returns to her stomping grounds as the fourth judge on DWTS. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Kevin Sorbo apologizes for calling those protesting the unrest in Ferguson “losers” and “animals.” [TMZ]
- Carson Daly and his fiancé Siri Printer welcome baby number three. [E!]
- As if he wasn’t perfect enough, Chris Pratt dressed as Star Lord to visit at children’s hospital. [Gawker]
- We get a peak of the Brooklyn Nine-Nine season premiere. [SpoilerTV]
- OK! shames Jessica Simpson for looking “unfeminine.” [Gossip Cop]
- Did you know Paris Hilton auditioned for Anna Faris‘ role in Just Friends? [Cosmopolitan]
- Even Scarlett Johansson gets ice cream pregnancy cravings. [Just Jared]
- Check out the trailer for the season two finale of The Walking Dead: The Game. [@telltalegames]
- End of an era: Jersey Shore‘s Sammi and Ronnie have broken up. Wait, they were dating this whole time? [People]
- Billy Crystal will present a Robin Williams tribute at Monday night’s Emmy Awards. [The Wrap]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
After 25 years of The Simpsons, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who can’t recount at least one joke from the long-running animated series. From Homer’s “Doh” to Bart’s “eat my shorts,” it’s a show stuffed with more iconic moments than anything else. Some of the best, of course, are courtesy of celebrity cameos.
Whether it’s classic stars like Leonard Nimoy or newer sensations like LeBron James, The Simpsons only invites the best talent to join its hallowed ranks. It’s seen Tom Jones performing at gun point, Luke Perry as a sideshow act, Star Wars‘ own Mark Hamill being rescued by Homer himself, and Xena: Warrior Princess aka Lucy Lawless flying through the air. There’s serious actors being silly, talk show hosts like Conan O’Brien getting meta, and legendary musicians — yes, ‘N Sync counts — passing through the tiny town of Springfield. In celebration of The Simpsons‘ 25th anniversary, and FXX marathoning the entire series over the next 12 days, we’re taking a look at the greatest, most memorable celebrity cameos. Let us know your favorites, in the comments.
[Photo Credit: FOX]
Cara Delevingne in Talks for a Beach Boys Movie Musical, Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence Have a “Super-Romantic” Date + More of Today’s First Dibs
Cara Delevingne could soon be leaving the runway behind, Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence head to the vineyard for some romance, Daniel Radcliffe is more than content with his love life, and more celebrity news to jumpstart your day.
- Model Cara Delevingne could soon be rocking out to The Beach Boys in the upcoming film All Summer Long. [Elle]
- Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence’s fling may be getting serious. [E!]
- Sorry, ladies. Daniel Radcliffe says he’s “very, very happy with someone.” [Cosmopolitan]
- Robin Williams‘ body has been cremated and his ashes were scattered over the San Francisco Bay. [TMZ]
- After three years of dating, Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp have split. [US Weekly]
- Michelle Rodriguez is in an “unconditional state of mind” after her split with Zac Efron. What does that even mean? [Just Jared]
- The first (real) American Horror Story: Freak Show teaser trailer is here. [YouTube]
- Bill Murray‘s Rock the Kasbah, starring Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, and Zooey Deschanel, will be released this spring. [Variety]
- French Montana never said he was dating Khloe Kardashian to capitalize on her fame. [Perez Hilton]
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molinda, and The Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal join the HBO miniseries Show Me a Hero. [THR]
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge got political when George W. Bush mocked President Obama, and then nominated Bill Clinton. Awkward. [Gossip Cop]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Drag has taken over pop culture. Just look at Derek J. and Miss Lawrence’s lipstick-laced chitchats on Bravo’s Fashion Queens. Or the extravaganza that is Logo’s Rupaul’s Drag Race. But men dressing like ladies — rocking makeup, specifically — has been around since the dawn of man. As women, we’re cool with it, until the men start looking hotter than we do. No fair!
Terry Richardson‘s portrait of James Franco (complete with powder blue eyeshadow and electric pink lips) was so glamorous, we seethed with envy. And what about Neil Patrick Harris, doused in glitter and gloss in Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch? So good. Excuse us while we race for Sephora’s club kid section.
From Jared Leto to Johnny Depp, check out our favorite male celebs who actually look prettier than women in makeup!
Leto’s Oscar-winning performance in Dallas Buyers Club was just one of the more memorable performances by a male actor in drag. Check out our favorite leading men as ladies, below.
- Get Rihanna’s Frayed Cutoffs, Katie Holmes’ Starry Top, and More in This Week’s Celeb Shopping List
- All the Robin Williams Films You Need To Watch on Netflix Now
- Hennessy Has Your Cocktail For the Weekend, Jessica Simpson Considers a Bigger Booty + More in Today’s Last Lap
- The Definitive Ranking of America’s Next Top Model Judges
- Gwyneth Paltrow Not Mad At Chris Martin + Jennifer Lawrence Hook Up, Donald Sterling Gets Outed + More of Today’s First Dibs