After famously being blue in Avatar, Zoe Saldana goes green for her latest role in Guardians of the Galaxy. While the James Cameron film did all her character’s effects in post-production, Guardians required many long days in the makeup chair. And as alien bounty hunter Gamora, her character was hard to shake during off-hours. “I would go home and soak myself in a tub of hot water and then all this green would just come out from my insides — I have no idea, like my pores were green, the pillow was green, my dog was green, the apartment that we were renting was green,” she told Live with Kelly and Michael this week.
With at least five more sci-fi sequels films on deck, we thought we’d go through the trouble of giving Zoe a sneak peek at what she’d look like in every shade of the rainbow — should the directors decide to go a different route. Enjoy!
But how exactly does Zoe stay so sexy? Water, a good skin regimen, and hamburgers.
[Photo Credit: Robyn Richardson/VH1]
Leonardo DiCaprio Packs On a Few Pounds, Jennifer Lawrence and Her Man Call It Quits + More In Last Lap
Selena Gomez‘s new movie is a bust, Khloe Kardashian says Lamar Odom got “sloppy,” Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t have time for romance and more of today’s pop culture news to kick your weekend into gear.
- Is Leonardo DiCaprio packing on the pounds on purpose? [OK!]
- Sarah Hyland will host this year’s Teen Choice Awards alongside Tyler Posey. AKA the hottest awards show co-hosts ever. [USA Today]
- On KUWTK, Khloe Kardashian opens up about Lamar Odom getting “sloppy” and “messing with all of those girls.” [E!]
- Selena Gomez may want to avoid the feedback on her new flick Behaving Badly. [Celebuzz]
- Ben Affleck creeps us out in these new Gone Girl posters. [MTV News]
- Why did Jennifer Lawrence and hubby Nicholas Hoult call it quits (again)? [Cosmopolitan]
- On the set of his new film Stonewall, Jeremy Irvine is hot and sweaty and we like it. [Just Jared]
- Kim Kardashian gets naked to wish her friends a happy birthday. As most of us do, right? [NY Mag]
[Photo Credit: Splash News]
Known for his roles in Kick-Ass, The A-Team, and BET original series Being Mary Jane, Omari Hardwick’s latest character might be his best yet. As James “Ghost” St. Patrick in the Starz series, Power, Hardwick plays a nightclub owner who doubles as a big-time drug distributor in New York City (think Pablo Escobar or Frank Lucas). Living what seems like the perfect life, Ghost sees his nightclub as an escape from his dark past and a chance at a legitimate business. While many have explored the world of dark drug lords trying to make good, Hardwick believes there’s an innate charisma to his character that draws people in. “I think you’re always going to gravitate toward the bad guy even if you think that means restoring or repairing him,” Hardwick explained. VH1 spoke with the actor as he waxed poetic on his respect for executive producer 50 Cent, prepping for his Being Mary Jane co-star Gabrielle Union‘s wedding (no big deal), and what’s next for Ghost in season two. If you’re catching up on the Starz series, here are seven things to know about Hardwick before tomorrow’s season one finale.
He sees 50 Cent more like a brother than a multi-million dollar rapper.
It almost seems like he’s hungry to make his first dollar at all times that you’re around him, which is pretty amazing. For me, working for him was obviously different. You get a little bit of a leg up when you’re number one on the call sheet in terms of the personal [attention] you get. So we became really, really close — more like brothers. The gift that I gave him [at the end of shooting] reflected that chemistry we just feel like we’ve always had. It was a picture of the two of us at eight years of age and I got it painted — the two of us at eight years old with arms around each other in front a graffiti-clad New York wall. He’s holding an animal — I think it’s a wolf — with a leash and I’m holding an eagle with a leash. Within maybe 60 seconds of him going crazy when I presented it to him, he immediately went into, like, “OK, you know what we should do O? We should get your poetry with artists that you want to work with. Make a show, make a book…” His mind immediately went… he immediately went into how to market it, how to make money from it. We definitely match each other. He’s an interesting cat, to say the least and that’s a good thing.
He’s impressed by his boss’ acting ability.
What’s great about him is that he’s got a high level of intensity, enormous amounts of pain, [and] he has a lot of joy like he’s a kid — those are three major tools that you need. And he’s minimal… I know Omari is extra at times, off camera. But when you get that quiet 50 on camera, it’s because in real life, he’s a very focused, quiet meditative individual who’s going to get whatever he needs to get. Animal Ambition, as he appropriately named his album. He’s got all the tools, and when you watch him in certain episodes… in episode three, you see that. Last week’s episode was pretty amazing when I got to just personally sit back and quietly watch his work. I was pretty impressed.
Ghost is becoming more of an island, yet finds it difficult to let go of his high school sweetheart Angela.
You won’t see as much physical camaraderie between Tommy — played brilliantly by Joe Sikora — and Ghost. We both will be an island of our own. I think season two is more about separation between a lot of characters so that we can find our way back. With Angela, they were [together] since 15 years of age and obviously remained connected even when they weren’t around each other. So I think it’s going to be hard for all of us to let go of each other and the triangle will go where it may but I think that Naturi Naugton’s character (Tasha) will at least have some ability to be rooted for because she won’t allow herself to be a doormat.
Selena Gomez Plans Revenge on Justin Bieber, Michelle Rodriguez and Zac Efron’s Make-Out Session Caught on Camera + More of Today’s First Dibs
Is Selena Gomez throwing herself into the bizarro Justin Bieber-Orlando Bloom drama? Did Chris Colfer have top secret intel on his Glee co-star’s wedding? Friday’s here, and we have just the right dose of celebrity news you’ll need to get you to the weekend.
- Selena Gomez has been showing some serious booty lately. Justin Bieber revenge, anyone? [Hollywood Life]
- Zoe Saldana thinks one of her Guardians of the Galaxy costars is the sexiest man alive. [PopSugar]
- Dakota Johnson signs up to star in yet another sexy drama. [Cosmopolitan]
- Nautical lovebirds Michelle Rodriguez and Zac Efron are having quite the time in Ibiza. [TMZ]
- Kim Kardashian posts a rare makeup-free selfie. [Huffington Post]
- How I Met Your Mother star Cobie Smulders almost played Kate Austen on Lost. [E!]
- Chris Colfer was just as surprised at Naya Rivera‘s wedding news as we were. [US Weekly]
- Ben Affleck‘s ex-girlfriend says the actor was “controlling and moody.” [Naughty But Nice Rob]
[Photo Credit: Splash News]
It’s no secret that Parks and Recreation star Chris Pratt has undergone a physical transformation over the past year. The dopey actor went from lovable with a cuddly squeeze to a lean, mean, sex appealing machine for his role as Peter Quill in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. An unexpected result of that transition was the reveal of Pratt’s inexplicable likeness to fellow actor Patrick Wilson.
No seriously — before you squawk at the idea — you need to review the photographic evidence (in the gallery above) to understand and appreciate how similar these two actors look. From scruff to hair and those piercing eyes, the two are a complete (and almost identical) package.
When Pratt first appeared on the scene he was nothing more than Amy’s older brother on Everwood or a likable surfer dude hanging out on The O.C. It wasn’t until he became the doughy guy in Parks and Rec that made us laugh that he caught our attention. But even then, there was something familiar about him… We weren’t alone in our thinking; Cheezburger had a similar idea.
But now that Pratt has shed the pounds, the likeness is uncanny. His Men’s Fitness photo shoot showed off Pratt’s more chiseled — albeit somewhat Photoshopped — side that reminded us of the same jaw line and washboard abs that wowed us in HBO’s Girls and Little Children. Ahem, Wilson!
Whether or not you believe us — and you really should — take a moment to appreciate how far Pratt has come. VH1 caught up with him at the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere in New York this week, where he talked about what it takes to play a beloved superhero and the kinds of special powers his other famous characters happen to have.
We’ve all had our rough patches. We don’t know a single person who hasn’t had a minor meltdown, a hissy fit, or even a mild psychotic break (everyone has That Cousin). But when A-list celebrities freak-out, they’re just so extra with it. They take it to a whole new level, make it theatrical. If it’s a really good meltdown, it could even look like performance art.
Take Shia LaBeouf, for example. Getting a DUI in Vegas or whatever would’ve been too mundane. No, he had to plagiarize a film, plagiarize an apology, apologize for both plagiarisms in sky-writing above the city of Los Angeles, and then chase a homeless man around Times Square. Genius! And then there are the rash of celebs who fall apart by rolling up on complete stranger’s houses, begging admittance, claiming to be God, or just sneaking in and passing out somewhere (we’re looking at you, Anne Heche, Amanda Bynes, and Martin Lawrence). In honor of these uber-dramatic hissy fits, let’s take a look at our favorite ones from the past 20 years.
Don’t remember Amanda Bynes’ crazy 2013? Allow this to refresh your memory.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
By now we’ve seen the incredible photos of Zoe Saldana‘s nude magazine spread for Women’s Health UK, taken right before her pregnancy was announced. Zoe looks fabulous in the photos, but after keeping her pregnancy under wraps, we’re finally seeing her as the adorably pregnant woman she is. We can’t help but wish she’d rock her baby bump in the same confident fashion as she did in this spread. Maybe for baby No. 2? One thing is for sure: She wouldn’t be the first to do so.
Stars like Britney Spears, Demi Moore, Cindy Crawford, and Nia Long have proudly flaunted their pregnancies on the covers of magazines, with no accessories other than their baby bumps. No matter their race, age, or background, we’ve seen celebrities all over the world give the average woman the confidence boost they need when it comes to having a bun in the oven. Hive fives all around for these kick ass women who had the courage to bare it all even with growing tummies. So when can we expect a ScarJo cover?
[Photo Credit: Elle, Ebony, Life & Style]
By Christopher Rosa
Sharknado 2: The Second One premiered last night on Syfy and it was exactly what you’d expect—times two. Giant sharks swirling around a giant tornado terrorized unsuspecting humans, but this time the weather phenomenon stormed the streets of the Big Apple. Needless to say, Lady Liberty was not pleased.
In addition to ludicrous plot lines and cheesy acting, the Sharknado social media shenanigans were at an all-time high last night, with many fans and celebrities tweeting their reactions enough to make star Mark McGrath proud.
If you’re unsure of whether or not a weather disaster so ridiculous could happen in a town near you, or simply wanted an early crack at Tara Reid‘s shark-inspired perfume, we’re breaking down 11 noteworthy responses to Sharknado 2‘s madness.
1. This woman’s genuine fear.
could a sharknado happen in real life
— Barb (@BarberaLoyd) July 31, 2014
2. This guy who is struggling with self-acceptance.
If someone were to ask me what my life was like right now, I would suggest they watch Sharknado and #Sharknado2TheSecondOne back to back. — Kalvin Macleod (@KalvinMacleod) July 31, 2014
3. The shadiest shade ever thrown.
You make jokes, but “Sharknado” is probably the best adaptation of a preschool art project I’ve ever seen. — Louis Virtel (@louisvirtel) July 31, 2014
4. This pup’s attempt to roll with the big boys.
In honor of the Sharknado 2 Premiere on @SyfyTV tonight… @SharknadoSyfy #Sharknado2 #Sharknado2TheSecondOne pic.twitter.com/3Rgkevptzo — Snooki (@SnookiChihuahua) July 30, 2014
Jamie Foxx could be playing (yet another) pop culture icon, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt kick it old school to keep their romance alive, and everything you should know about today’s pop culture news.
- Mike Tyson and Jamie Foxx are “in discussion” about a future biopic on the heavyweight champ. [The Guardian]
- Robert Pattinson encourages you not to annoy anyone on set, because they might pee in your bathtub. [Cosmopolitan]
- Leonardo DiCaprio applauded Orlando Bloom for throwing a punch at Justin Bieber. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Fox News host Bob Beckel called Andi Dorfman a “slut.” [ET]
- Nickelodeon released the trailer for its live action movie The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. [EW]
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are never too busy for love. [Perez Hilton]
- Teen Mom‘s Farrah Abraham posted a photo of her grandfather’s open casket on Facebook. [Starcasm]
- Does Anna Kendrick have a hot dog named after her? [Village Voice]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
- Zoe Saldana: Beautiful in Every Color of the Rainbow
- Leonardo DiCaprio Packs On a Few Pounds, Jennifer Lawrence and Her Man Call It Quits + More In Last Lap
- Power Star Omari Hardwick On Calling 50 Cent His Brother and Kissing Gabrielle Union
- The 25 Hottest Twitpics And Instagrams Of July 2014
- Selena Gomez Plans Revenge on Justin Bieber, Michelle Rodriguez and Zac Efron’s Make-Out Session Caught on Camera + More of Today’s First Dibs