Was Paul Walker going to quit acting after this year? Why is Evangeline Lilly upset about her butt on the cover of Women’s Health? How did the Coen Brothers get stars Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Girls‘s Adam Driver to make such a wacky song?
- Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are officially enemies! Hilton’s younger brother Barron claims he was beaten up by a guy at Lohan’s personal request and now Paris is threatening retribution. [TMZ]
- According to his friends, Paul Walker was reportedly planning on quitting acting after this year so he could spend more time with his daughter, Meadow. [Daily Mail]
- Evangeline Lilly is upset that Women’s Health focused on her butt for her January cover shot. Apparently she wanted something “classier.” [People]
- The new Coen Brothers film, Inside Llewyn Davis, follows a struggling folk singing as he plays earnest gigs and helps out on a ridiculous novelty song called, “Please Mr. Kennedy.” So how did the directors get the stars, Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver, to make such a weird song? [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
We always love it when celebrities announce that they’re set to get hitched, but which stars marked the news with the most gorgeous jewelry around?
We took a look back at the most beautiful wedding and engagement rings our favorite stars sported this year as they opened up new chapters in their lives. And while we’re happy that they’ve found love, we can’t help but have our breaths taken away by all that bling!
Browse through our gallery to see which stars wore the best rings this year and in the comments, tell us who’s rocking your favorite ring. Congrats to all the wonderful couples!
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
When Miley Cyrus rocked onto stage at the EMAs this year sparking up a joint and wearing a labia skimming leotard, it was the latter that really sent the media into a tail spin. How DARE the girl almost show us her vagina? It’s been a big year all round for Miley’s “almost vagina,” with multiple performances and public appearances, not to mention a controversial Terry Richardson shoot (what!? really!?), showing off her flawless, ingrown hair free, pubic bone.
Despite Rashida Jones’ assertion that this was the year of the “Very Visible Vagina,” the truth of the matter is that the “almost vagina” is nothing new, and no matter how many puritans faint at the sight of it, it’s not going away. We say it’s time to embrace the “almost vagina,” to celebrate the women who have dared to almost bare, and to perhaps capture and torture them for their clearly superior exfoliating secrets — we need that intel! Here’s a look back at some of the most iconic “almost vaginas” in pop culture history, going all the way back to Norma Jean‘s Seven Year Itch (it’s not what you think)…
Paul Rudd hosted Saturday Night Live for the third time last night and he not only brought the laughs–he brought what seemed to be the entire cast of Anchorman 2 to the stage. Will Ferrell, Steve Carrell and David Koechner joined Rudd to take on musical guest One Direction in an “Afternoon Delight” sing-off and Kristen Wiig brought her “Doonice” character back in a Sound of Music sketch.
Former Saturday Night Live star Kristen Wiig was the first Anchorman 2 cast member to pop up during the night. She reprised her “Doonice” character in a condensed version of NBC’s recent Sound of Music event and groped everyone with her tiny hands. Fred Armisen also showed up at the end of the sketch as Lawrence Welk, the character who usually introduced Doonice in the past.
Wiig is a new addition to the Anchorman family, but the film’s original stars stormed the monologue.
Paul Rudd explained in his monologue (which is sadly not available on Hulu) that he was eclipsed by the musical guests in his previous hosting bids and that would not happen again. That’s when One Direction showed up. Sensing a power struggle, Rudd called upon Will Ferrell, Steve Carrell and David Koechner to come on stage and join him in an “Afternoon Delight” sing-off with the British boy band. By the end of the sing-off, the guys had joined forces as “Nine Direction.”
Ferrell and Koechner returned in the last sketch of the night which was a reprise of the classic ’90s “Bill Brasky” sketches. Anchorman 2 director (and former SNL writer) Adam McKay tweeted yesterday that he had written it.
Saturday Night Live returns next week with host John Goodman and musical guest Kings of Leon.
[Photo Credit: NBC]
December 8 has kind of become one of my favorite days of the year: It’s when I have to spend hours of my life staring at photos of Ian Somerhalder, attempting to come up with a new gallery in honor of his birthday. Someone’s gotta do it! As the Vampire Diaries star turns 35 this year, he’s also celebrating the fact that he’s now a grandpa — his new rescue dog Nietsche gave birth to puppies in October — and that, of course, means we have even more drop-dead cute photos of Ian and animals than usual.
As fans of the Lost alum know, Ian likes to use his birthday to raise money for his Ian Somerhalder Foundation, a nonprofit with a ton of different world-saving missions, one of which is to create an animal sanctuary. We thought we’d help motivate you all to donate with the above gallery. And if you think we’re exaggerating his love for all creatures great and small, just check out the video below from Ian’s photo shoot for this year’s People’s Sexiest Man Alive issue. It makes us purr with delight.
Can Nicole Kidman see ghosts? Is Penelope Cruz a Sex and the City fan? How can Fox make the X-Men franchise like the Avengers?
- Kim Kardashian made a fan’s dream come true when she invited the fan to sit with her in the VIP section during Kanye West‘s Yeezus Concert. The fan documented the night on twitter. [US Magazine]
- Nicole Kidman stars in the film, The Railway Man, about the Death Railway in Thailand. Kidman visited the site of the Death Railway and felt the presence of ghosts. [PerezHilton]
- Penelope Cruz might be a chic Spanish mega-star, but she’s obsessed with the show, Sex and the City. “I’m an expert on it and can answer any question about any character.” [People]
- It looks like Fox might be trying to make the X-Men franchise into the new Avengers. Luckily there are a bunch of individual titles like Deadpool or Mystique that could work as films. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
As we look back on the year that was, we can’t ignore the moments that made us blush. Sex has been a thing since the start of mankind (sorry Mary and Joseph), but sex in pop culture exploded in 2013. And it wasn’t just the so-called implications of Miley Cyrus twerking.
Rather than avoid “naughty” subjects you’d rather not discuss with your parents, film, television and celebrities addressed them head on. Films like Don Jon and Lovelace put pornography on the big screen, while festival darling Blue Is the Warmest Colour continues to prove that NC-17 and critical acclaim are not mutually exclusive. Sex tapes from Cheyenne Jackson and Tori Spelling were revealed, and for the most part their famous owners owned up to them–or, at least embraced the attention.
The perils of sexting played out numerous times on fictional favorite Scandal, but when it came time to make jokes–and remind ourselves to always password protect our cell phone!–politician Anthony Weiner delivered yet again. For a look at the impact sex and pornography had on pop culture this year, check out our gallery above.
[Photo Credit: hitRECord Films, Sundance Selects, CBS Films, Showtime]
What does the new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 reveal? Who is playing Wonder Woman in the new Batman Vs Superman film? How did the cast and crew of the Fast & Furious honor Paul Walker?
- Amanda Bynes is home for the holidays! She has officially checked out of rehab and is staying with her mother for the time being. [US Magazine]
- The new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 debuted today and gave us our first glimpse of Spidey taking on Electro, Rhino and Dane DeHaan‘s Green Goblin. [YouTube]
- Gal Gadot has snagged the role of Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman Vs. Superman film. Yesterday, the Israeli actress tweeted out “Wonder Women! So exciting!!! Can’t express how happy I am )))” [Guardian]
- The cast and crew of Fast & Furious posted a tribute video to Paul Walker last night. Production on the seventh film in the franchise is currently at a halt. [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Let’s face it, the holidays are upon us and it means one (of many) things: mandatory Christmas-themed movie watching. Whether it’s with your family, a bunch of your girlfriends, or you alone with a glass of wine (we’ve all been there), inevitably you’re going to watch some sort of holiday film. Once you resign yourself to that fact, it’s just a matter of picking out the right movie… depending on your mood!
Sure, it seems like an obvious choice to go for a classic, like White Christmas, but that film has its limits. There’s no action for the fanboys in all of us. That’s why Die Hard is a solid choice for some ass-kicking Christmas action. Or if it’s a wine-for-my-sorrows kind of night, then it’s The Family Stone for you. Just be careful not to go off into the deep end. That’s a serious buzzkill movie.
Whatever your mood leading up to Christmas, there’s something here for you. Just scroll through the gallery until you find one that fits your fancy.
LeBron James has won two NBA championships, four Most Valuable Player trophies and the hatred of most sports fans outside the state of Florida. But like like Ariel, he wants more. The Miami Heat star will star in a new movie opposite comedian Kevin Hart titled Ballers, currently scheduled to shoot in Miami next summer.
King James has dabbled in acting before (see: Entourage) and stars in those cute Samsung Galaxy commercials you don’t want anyone to know you enjoy. But like other overpaid, detested sports stars, there’s always another world to conquer. Before LeBron stars memorizing his lines or demanding obscurely flavored fruit snacks for his trailer, we advise him to take a look at those athletes who have acted before him. A bad film or television cameo may be fleeting, but an embarrassing clip posted on YouTube is forever.
Michael Jordan, Space Jam (1996)
The Chicago Bulls star decided to use his mid-career personal crisis as inspiration for a major motion picture, complete with aliens and Looney Tunes. If you can move past the ridiculous premise, Space Jam is fun (Bill Murray!) and Jordan struggling to impress his late father hits close to home. Too bad his happy and sad faces look identical.
- First Dibs: Why Is Paris Hilton Going To War With Lindsay Lohan?
- Wedding Bells Are Ringing: Who Rocked 2013′s Best Wedding And Engagement Bling?
- Leaping Leotards! The Complete Photographic History Of The “Almost Vagina”
- Paul Rudd Brought The Cast Of Anchorman 2 To SNL
- Ian Somerhalder + Animals: Celebrate His Birthday With The Sweetest Photos In Existence