Summer is coming to an end, which means there are only a handful of days left to wear white pants and strike up a romance with someone you don’t see a future with. If you managed to get away to the beach, congratulations! You certainly know how to take advantage of the extra daylight, but you’ll never have as much fun as these celebrities did.
Leonardo DiCaprio‘s lustrous man bun seemed to hit every exclusive beach on the map, while Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez’s European jaunt went on for so long we almost sent out a missing persons report. Summer love doesn’t always last, but at least it gives us wonderful shirtless horseback riding photos.
In order to make the most of the days we have left, we’re looking to those who gave us vacation envy in order to learn how to do better. These five stars know how to summer (yes, as a verb). But who’s having the best one ever?
In between filming Don’t Mess with Texas opposite the lovely Sofia Vergara, the Oscar winner found time for trips to the gorgeous beaches of the Caribbean and Italy (Capri and Positano, respectively). It was in Italy that she attended a wedding and danced her face off to “I Will Survive,” proving that group sing a-longs are always fun no matter how big your bank account. This is the moment where we knew we had to raise our wedding guest game STAT.
Sparks Fly Between Natasha Lyonne and Fred Armisen, Teresa Giudice Isn’t Worried About Jail Time + More in Today’s Last Lap
Natasha Lyonne and Fred Armisen got cozy at an Emmy Awards after-party, Teresa Giudice isn’t worried about ending up behind bars, Saturday Night Live‘s Kate McKinnon dishes on who she thinks should host next season, and more of today’s celebrity news.
- At a post-Emmy party, Orange is the New Black‘s Natasha Lyonne “shared kisses and [was] very cozy” with Fred Armisen. [People]
- Newlyweds Behati Prinsloo and Adam Levine shared a hot and heavy makeout sesh behind the scenes at the Emmys. [Perez Hilton]
- Teresa Giudice is “confident” she’ll escape jail time at her upcoming sentencing. [Radar]
- Sarah Hyland and Matt Prokop split after five years of dating. [US Weekly]
- The last episode of Chelsea Lately airs tonight, and loads of stars — including her former boyfriend 50 Cent — will be there to say goodbye. [Naughty but Nice Rob]
- Emmy nominee Kate McKinnon says she wants Beyoncé on the next season of SNL. Who wouldn’t?
- Sorry, Game of Thrones fans. The sex scene you’ve been wanting to see may be cut from next season. [Vanity Fair]
- CBS is being sued over NCIS‘ Bert the Farting Hippo. [THR]
- Will Hawkeye make an appearance in Captain American 3? [Empire]
- Charlize Theron opens up about the true concept of “beauty.” [WWD]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Keke Palmer turns 21 today, and the actress has plenty to celebrate. Over the past year, she’s parlayed her 2013 role in VH1’s CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story into a talk show, a high-profile photo shoot promoted by Vanity Fair, and an upcoming musical theater role as Broadway’s first black Cinderella.
In the clip above, you can see why Palmer’s star has been on the rise since she played Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas in our TV movie.
Since the past 12 months have been magical for the former child star, we’ve reflected on her fairytale ascent toward stardom. Find out just what she’s been up to and why she’ll be a household name by her next birthday.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images, Robyn Richardson/VH1]
Sofia Vergara Says Her Emmys Stunt Wasn’t Sexist, Kim Kardashian Will Make 2 Broke Girls Debut + More of Today’s First Dibs
Sofia Vergara thinks everyone needs to lighten up, Kim Kardashian will make her TV acting debut, Sarah Silverman is down to do more on-screen nudity, and more of this morning’s celebrity news.
- Modern Family‘s Sofia Vergara says claims of her pedestal Emmys stunt being sexist are “ridiculous.” [US Weekly]
- However, the actress wasn’t too busy slamming reports to send a sexy “Where r u Big Boy?” message to Joe Manganiello at the after-party. [E!]
- Kim Kardashian will appear in the October 27 episode of 2 Broke Girls. [Just Jared]
- Sherlock‘s executive producer says the plan for season four is “devastating.” [THR]
- Re-watch the Gone Girl trailer that premiered during last night’s Emmys. [IMDB]
- When it comes to body parts and on-screen nudity, Emmy winner Sarah Silverman says, “They’re just boobs.” [EW]
- Step aside, Tom Brady. Jack Guinness is the new male face of UGG. [Vogue]
- The new Exists poster is equally as creepy as the trailer. Don’t say you weren’t warned. [Fangoria]
- [Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Step aside, Jon Hamm. Matthew McConaugh-who? Last night’s Emmy Awards proved that True Detective director Cary Joji Fukunaga is hotter than any A-lister we’ve previously coveted, and that man braids are making a big comeback. The internet thinks so, too.
Fukunaga has come a long way since his days as a production assistant for the Destiny’s Child “Survivor” video. Before linking up with the True Detective team, he made a name for himself on the indie circuit with Sundance hit Sin Nombre in 2009, as well as 2011′s Jane Eyre, starring Michael Fassbender and Mia Wasikowska. He directed all eight episodes of the HBO series, and won the award for Outstanding Directing of a Drama Series. When he did, Twitter exploded.
Could it be the nerdy-sexy look? That chiseled jaw? Don’t let the braids fool you (and if you’re into them, more power to you). This stud is surely one of Hollywood’s hottest hidden gems. And if you don’t believe us, hop into the gallery above to see how many others are clamoring for a taste. Get those boxing gloves ready, ladies (and gentlemen): Cary Fever is upon us.
Next up for Fukunaga is the 2015 film Beasts of No Nation, starring fellow professional handsome man, Idris Elba. (We can’t wait for the beyond beautiful press tour.) In the meantime, here’s one more photo of Cary for the road.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Every year we look forward to the Emmy Awards, or more accurately, the glamorous celeb red carpet. Unfortunately, the stars (like say, Lena Dunham) make some odd style choices. We’re here to separate the cute and quirky from the downright wrong.
Heidi Klum, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Claire Danes are just few of the many ladies in tonight’s red trend, while Matt Bomer and Jon Hamm are some of the many dapper and sleek looking gentlemen. But among the sea of ridiculously good looking, put together celebs are terribly dressed ones. Hop into the gallery above to see which celebs earned themselves a spot on this year’s worst dressed list.
In the clip below, the VH1 staff dole out worst dressed awards to the stars’ nominated characters. Luckily, some like Aaron Paul proved us wrong by showing they can clean up real nice off set, while other just made us want to throw our popcorn at the screen.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Still figuring out who you’d invite to the 2014 Emmy Awards? Well, these stars got it all sorted out. Whether they were dressed to impress (or not so much), some celebs sure know how to rock their greatest accessory: arm candy. Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt are a smashing duo, while Hayden Panettiere skipped bringing her guy on her arm and rocked her growing baby bump (which she announced, is a girl!!). We wish Sofia Vergara showed up with new boyfriend Joe Manganiello on her arm — would the red carpet survive all that hotness? — but there are plenty of others giving them a run for their money. Check out the gallery above and decide whose arm candy is too hot for TV.
Portlandia stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein give us a few tips on deciding just who you should bring as your date (if Ryan Gosling is busy, of course).
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Ashton Kutcher Is Richer Than God, Shutter Island Gets Adapted for the Small Screen + More in Today’s Last Lap
Ashton Kutcher out-earned all other TV actors in the last year, Shutter Island is coming to the small screen, Matt Bomer will appear in American Horror Story: Freak Show like we’ve never seen him before, and more celebrity news to hold you over until tonight’s Emmy Awards.
- Ashton Kutcher is the highest-paid television actor of 2014 according to Forbes, after making about million this year. We repeat: million. [Forbes]
- Shutter Island is being developed into an HBO series by Martin Scorsese. [Empire]
- Matt Bomer joins American Horror Story: Freak Show in a role that creator Ryan Murphy calls “very warped.” [Vanity Fair]
- Lea Michele‘s role on Sons of Anarchy may be extended to more than just one episode. [E!]
- The Kardashian and Jenner sisters were caught texting throughout the Ferguson tribute during last night’s Video Music Awards. [ICYDK]
- How many people watched the True Blood series finale? [THR]
- The debut 1938 Superman comic book sold for .21 million on eBay. [EW]
- Is Masters of Sex star Lizzy Caplan dating James Marsden? [People]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Last week, Single Palm Tree Productions hosted an international showcase called America Meet World at the famed Gotham Comedy Club in New York City. A project created to introduce Americans to new voices from other regions, including Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East, the showcase saw top international acts entertain the crowd in the club’s main room, which has also seen the likes of Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld, and more.
Featuring local acts Alex Barnett, Subhah Agarwal, and Ben Kissel, the stars of the night were two of Africa’s top comedians: Emmy nominated Loyisa Gola (pictured above) and David Kibuuka. No subject was left untouched. The showcase was just a snippet of Single Palm Tree Productions’ goal for America Meet World, a global comedy platform designed to produce and curate short form comedic content from around the globe that will not only entertain but introduce Americans to new voices from different regions including Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Get to know these talents on the rise, below.
1. Alex Barnett
The writer, comedian, and social commentator from Long Island, New York has appeared on various shows including Katie and SiriusXM Radio’s “Raw Dog Comedy.”
Best joke of the night: He’s in an interracial marriage and joked about how people can’t seem to get past him dating a woman of color. “They think it’s this complicated back story. Like she’s an R&B singer and I’m her agent.”
2. Ben Kissel
The Wisconsin-born comedian has made several guest appearances on various podcasts and television networks including The Last Podcast on the Left, Roundtable of Gentlemen, Abe Lincoln’s Top, Cave Comedy Radio, Al Jazeera America, and Spike TV, respectively.
Best joke of the night: When he was in middle school, he didn’t know RuPaul was a man and thought “she” was quite beautiful. He bragged to his friends about pleasuring himself to a picture of this hot chick who ended up being a man.
3. Subhah Agarwal
Hailing from Chicago, she’s had regular appearances at New York Comedy Club, the Laughing Devil, Greenwich Village Comedy Club, and Broadway Comedy Club. She was also the featured comedian on PBS’s popular web series, “Modern Comedian.”
Best joke of the night: She described her frustration of going through TSA at the airports because they always assumed she was Muslim. She would dress provocatively so the TSA could tell her that she needs Islam.
4. David Kibuuka
Kibuuka was born and raised in Uganda but currently living in South Africa. He’s currently a field correspondent on the late night show that features comedian Loyisa Gola. He’s performed regularly at various comedy venues in South Africa, New York, and Massachusetts.
Best joke of the night: In South Africa, he talked about all people committing crime especially black people. So when he came to the United States, he felt so at home.
5. Loyisa Gola
He’s a South African comedian and host of parody show, Late Nite News with Loyisa Gola, which was nominated for an Emmy. He’s performed at many comedy events throughout his country and was the third ever host of the Comedy Central series Comedy Central Presents… Live at Parker’s, in 2012.
Best joke of the night: He talked about not knowing how to spell certain words and how he loved the word “nincompoop.” One night he wanted to call his friend “nincompoop” in a text message but opted for the word c–t instead because it was shorter and easier to spell.
[Photo Credit: Single Palm Tree Productions]
Gwyneth Paltrow Faces Legal Trouble, Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed Take Things To the Next Level + More of Today’s First Dibs
Gwyneth Paltrow may be hitting the court room soon, Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed aren’t wasting any time making their relationship official, John Stamos proves he’s still got it, and more of this morning’s celebrity news.
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s website Goop has been hit with a copyright lawsuit. [Perez Hilton]
- After just a few weeks of dating, Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed move in togther. [US Weekly]
- Kim Kardashian is just one of the many celebs who had a fashion fail at last night’s MTV Video Music Awards.
- John Stamos’ shirtless selfie will make today your best Monday ever. [People]
- Sherri Shepherd speaks out about her exit from The View, saying: “God was like, ‘it’s time.’” [Tinseltown Mom]
- Check out the dark new teaser trailer for the upcoming FOX series Gotham.
- A$AP Rocky and Chanel Iman dance their way through Vogue‘s September issue. [Vogue]
- Oprah describes her perfect day. [KIIS FM]
- The Simpsons marathon more than tripled ratings for FXX. [Variety]
- Size eight model Meaghan Kausman took to Instagram to protest the Photoshopping of her recent campaign. [Cosmopolitan]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
- These Five Celebrities Summered Harder Than You Did
- Sparks Fly Between Natasha Lyonne and Fred Armisen, Teresa Giudice Isn’t Worried About Jail Time + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Why Keke Palmer Is a Real-Life Cinderella
- Sofia Vergara Says Her Emmys Stunt Wasn’t Sexist, Kim Kardashian Will Make 2 Broke Girls Debut + More of Today’s First Dibs
- Have You Met Your New Emmy-Winning Boyfriend, Cary Joji Fukunaga? If Not, You Should