Lauren Conrad’s Wedding Photos Are Revealed, Paula Patton Has a New Man + More of Today’s First Dibs
The first photos of Lauren Conrad‘s big wedding day have arrived, Paula Patton officially moves on from Robin Thicke, Mayim Bialik moves from bashing pop stars to bashing movies, and more of today’s First Dibs.
- We finally get a peak of Lauren Conrad’s (or should we say, Mrs. Tell’s) “dream wedding.” [LaurenConrad.com]
- Cougar alert: Paula Patton is reportedly dating a 27-year-old and “loving living the dating life.” [Naughty but Nice Rob]
- Mayim Bialik expressed just how much she dislikes Frozen: “Barbie doll proportions of their bodies in general: tiny waists, ample busts, and huge heads.” [Gossip Cop]
- Joan Rivers’ doctor reportedly took a selfie with the comedian moments before her death. [Hollywood Life]
- Neil Patrick Harris and husband David Burtka get romantic with spaghetti in the new trailer for NPH’s upcoming memoir. [Yahoo!]
- Tom Hiddleston will star in Skull Island, the King-Kong spin-off. [EW]
- Ryan Serhant of Million Dollar Listing New York proposed to his girlfriend by shutting down Times Square. [NY Daily News]
[Photo Credit: US Weekly]
The Maze Runner Author Was Just As Obsessed With LOST As We Were, Says Series Heavily Influenced His Work
The Maze Runner author James Dashner calls himself an entertainment “nerd,” and clearly has the same taste in television as the rest of us. “The show LOST really influenced [The Maze Runner]. That show just means the world to me,” he told VH1 at the New York premiere of the film adaptation of his best-selling novel.
“[LOST] was really brilliant about creating mysteries that were layered on top of one another and giving you just enough information to keep you satisfied, but intrigued,” he continued. “The structure of it — like commercial, episode breaks, season breaks — I think my books were heavily influenced from that, and the movie is really paced brilliantly.” After seeing the film, we have to agree. You will find other similarities to LOST throughout The Maze Runner, including recurring codes (4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42!!), flashbacks, plenty of “WTF is happening?!” moments, and of course, a ridiculously sexy male lead played by Dylan O’Brien. There are other notable pop culture references throughout the film. James’ favorite movies are the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which is apparent through the edge-of-your-seat action. He cites Lord of the Flies and The Shining as having an impact on him growing up (even if the latter also terrified him).
But it’s clear that LOST was and always will be the biggest inspiration on his YA series. And with the 10th anniversary of the pilot rapidly approaching, he’s not going to let go of his fandom any time soon. “You should’ve seen me absolutely flip out, fan girl when I met Naveen Andrews, who played Sayid,” he said, “You would’ve thought I met the president of the United States.”
[Photo Credit: 20th Century Fox, ABC]
Ryan Gosling Is Officially a DILF: Eva Mendes Gives Birth to Baby Girl, Couple Welcomes First Child Together
Are you sitting down? Us Weekly is reporting that Eva Mendes gave birth on Friday, Sept. 12, welcoming a baby girl with partner Ryan Gosling. Congratulations to them? It felt like the world came crashing down in July when reports surfaced that Mendes was expecting her first child with Gosling, and thus Baby Goose could no longer participate in your detailed fantasies of marriage. On the bright side: Gosling is now officially a DILF. The couple’s daughter, who will obviously be ridiculously good looking, is a Virgo, which puts her in the company of Amy Poehler and Beyoncé (not bad). And let’s be honest: You can’t wait for the first photos of Gosling wearing a Baby Bjorn to the farmers market.
How are you feeling? How is Rachel McAdams feeling?
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Barbra Streisand ended her 51-year absence from The Tonight Show yesterday, joining Jimmy Fallon for a duet medley and solidifying her legendary status. Babs was Fallon’s only guest, making up for lost time on the late night circuit.
The 72-year-old actress and singer hasn’t lost her touch. She charmed the audience while Fallon filled in as duet partners Elvis, Blake Shelton, and Michael Bublé. Watch the clip above for their comedic, magical performance.
Cara Delevingne Snags Lead Role in Upcoming John Green Film Adaptation, Matt Damon May Return to Bourne + More in Today’s Last Lap
Cara Delevingne could be the next Shailene Woodley, Matt Damon may be gearing up for more Bourne action, Disney gives the official storyline of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more in today’s Last Lap.
- Cara Delevingne lands the female lead to star alongside Nat Wolff in John Green’s Paper Towns. [Variety]
- Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass are reportedly teaming up again for a new Bourne installment. [EW]
- ABC finally releases the Revenge season four trailer, and Victoria Grayson is ready for serious payback. [TV Line]
- Disney reveals the synopsis of Avengers: Age of Ultron. [The Verge]
- Was Holly Montag trying to rain on Lauren Conrad‘s parade by getting married on the same day? [E!]
- The Walking Dead cast reveals Norman Reedus‘ biggest secret. [Huffington Post]
- Bill Murray asks: “Turn down for what?” [Billboard]
Delevingne’s upcoming co-star Wolff and author Green hint at whether we’ll see similarities between Paper Towns and The Fault In Our Stars:
If you love Jane Austen and Benedict Cumberbatch, you’ll remember today forever. The Sherlock star showed his pecs in waist-deep water to recreate a famous scene from the BBC’s 1995 Pride And Prejudice adaptation.
Benedict Cumberbatch becomes Mr.Darcy for #giveupclothes by @jasonbellphoto a partnership with @TKMaxx_UK and @CR_UK pic.twitter.com/czBkVEMem0
— DundasCommunications (@DundasComms) September 16, 2014
Cumberbatch makes a sexy Mr. Darcy, but the photo above isn’t just for kicks. The actor — who will soon be seen in The Imitation Game — posed in partnership with Cancer Research UK for the charity’s Give Up Clothes For Good campaign. To get a full Cumberbatch fix, click through the gallery below for the handsome star’s cheekiest moments.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Lupita Nyong’o brought glamour to Sesame Street, while teaching children to love their skin. The Oscar winner joined Elmo to talk about how skin comes in different shades, protects people, and also makes us ticklish.
In the gallery below, discover which other stars have previously stopped by Sesame Street.
With her flawless complexion, Nyong’o is the perfect teacher! Watch the clip above to see how the actress makes Elmo realize how awesome his skin is, and revisit her fairytale night at the Oscars from March.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Shocking an audience is a difficult thing to do these days, so constantly titillated are our imaginations. But with so many series reinventing the traditional format, losing a main character is often a surefire way to leave audiences with mouths agape. Most recently, The Good Wife saw leading character Will Gardner (Josh Charles) die, and Homeland lost one of its main driving forces, maybe-terrorist Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis). While these unexpected character deaths rattled audiences, it’s yet to be seen how their respective shows will carry on without them.
In anticipation of the return of fall TV, we’re taking a look back at iconic shows that lost a main character and soldiered on (for better or for worse). Whether an unexpected death, like Ned Stark on Game of Thrones, or an actor simply leaving a show before it was over, like Steve Carell leaving The Office, all of these series saw a dearly beloved character disappear too soon. Some thrived under the circumstances, while others fell flat. Click through our gallery to see how some of your favorite TV shows did after losing a main character, and tell us your thoughts in the comments section. Spoilers ahead.
Game of Thrones has said goodbye to numerous characters over its four seasons. Watch Pedro Pascal (aka the Red Viper) describe how the cast deals with all that death.
[Photo Credit: NBC]
Will Ferrell Confirms Zoolander 2 Is in the Works, Viral CoverGirl Ad Pushes for NFL Boycott + More of Today’s First Dibs
Will Ferrell‘s news will make your day, a new CoverGirl ad takes over social media, Sons of Anarchy ratings break records, and more of today’s First Dibs.
- Will Ferrell confirms that a Zoolander 2 script read will happen soon. [JoBlo]
- A Photoshopped image of a beaten NFL CoverGirl is leading the social media protest for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell‘s resignation following the Ray Rice controversy. [Salon]
- The premiere of Sons of Anarchy‘s final season was FX‘s most-watched show ever. [Vulture]
- Leslie Mann joins National Lampoon’s Vacation reboot cast as Audrey Griswold joining Ed Helms and Christina Applegate. [Variety]
- I Know What You Did Last Summer is getting a reboot by Sony with Oculus director Mike Flanagan. [Deadline]
- We finally learn that Angelea Preston was eliminated from America’s Next Top Model because of her past as an escort. [The Wire]
- Just when you think you’re sick of Frozen‘s “Let It Go,” Ellen DeGeneres and Kristen Wiig have given us their rendition. Lea Michele will also be singing the hit on Glee‘s final season. [Gossip Cop/EW]
- Kim Kardashian attempts to defend Kanye West‘s wheelchair rant by saying: “He asked for everyone to stand up & dance UNLESS they were in a wheel chair. #JustWantedEveryoneToHaveAFunNight #TheMediaTwistsThings.” [Naughty but Nice Rob]
- The Orange Is the New Black crew throws a rocking surprise party for star Danielle Brooks. [NY Post]
- Salma Hayek would be down for an Ugly Betty reunion. [Huffington Post]
- Wanna know what it’s like to interview celebrities for a living? Meet VH1′s Ellie Lee, your Backstage BFF:
[Photo Credit: Getty Images, Paramount Pictures]
We love The Mindy Project for several reasons. Dr. Mindy Lahiri (the madcap, romcom-loving OBGYN played by writer/producer Mindy Kaling) and her sparkly girly-girl personality is one of the most winning on network TV. Her “will they or won’t they” romance with Dr. Castellano is adorable. And then there’s her wardrobe.
Her wardrobe! She wafts through her office, subways, and her improbably huge Manhattan apartment (fine, she pulls in a doctor’s salary, but still) in an explosion of bright solids, power prints, and sweater vests — lots of sweater vest. She dresses like a Crayola crayon crossed with a dalmatian, and it all works. In anticipation of tonight’s season three premiere, let’s take a look back at Dr. Lahiri’s most fab looks on The Mindy Project.
See Kaling’s Mindy Project co-star Adam Pally show off his Operation skills, below.
- Lauren Conrad’s Wedding Photos Are Revealed, Paula Patton Has a New Man + More of Today’s First Dibs
- The Maze Runner Author Was Just As Obsessed With LOST As We Were, Says Series Heavily Influenced His Work
- Ryan Gosling Is Officially a DILF: Eva Mendes Gives Birth to Baby Girl, Couple Welcomes First Child Together
- Barbra Streisand Returns To The Tonight Show After 51 Years
- Cara Delevingne Snags Lead Role in Upcoming John Green Film Adaptation, Matt Damon May Return to Bourne + More in Today’s Last Lap