Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez Call It Quits, Emma Stone Joins Broadway + More in Today’s Last Lap
Michelle Rodriguez may have broken Zac Efron‘s heart, Emma Stone gets her jazz hands ready, Lindsay Lohan is not making it rain, and more of today’s celebrity news.
- After only two months, Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez throw in the towel. [US Weekly]
- Emma Stone will make her Broadway debut as Sally Bowles in Cabaret this November. [Roundabout Theatre]
- Lindsay Lohan’s credit card was declined at a Southampton nightclub. [Gossip Girl]
- Gwyneth Paltrow gives her “conscious uncoupling” pitch to Beyoncé. [Hollywood Life]
- Despite a recent cover story, George Clooney and fiance Amal Alamuddin aren’t expecting. [Gossip Cop]
- Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner weighs in on the series finale. [Just Jared]
- Get a peak of Tom Hardy and his massive beard in BBC’s crime drama Peaky Blinders. [Short List]
- Melissa Joan Hart makes a departure from her Sabrina days with red hair. [Huffington Post]
- Are Kate Gosselin and Steve Neild dating again? [THG]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Everyone has to start somewhere. Chris Pratt may have landed huge blockbuster films like Guardians of the Galaxy and The Lego Movie, but before that, he was just a young stud living in Hawaii, waiting for his big break. Pratt recently posted a super sweet snapshot of his baby-faced self showing off the van he was living out of as an unknown actor. In his hand? The script that would take him straight to Hollywood.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Pratt was working at Bubba Gump Shrimp while waiting to hear back from director Rae Dawn Chong, who ultimately cast him in Cursed Part 3. After that he landed television roles in Everwood, The O.C., and Parks and Recreation. And from there, the rest is history.
But Pratt wasn’t the only notable star who was homeless before Hollywood. Check out which other actors struggled before fame, in the gallery below. While you’re at, be sure to give us your reactions to young Pratt’s curly blonde hair and Scooby-Doo van in the comments.
[Photo Credit: Chris Pratt/Facebook]
- By JARVIS
It’s not every day that someone just casually bumps into an Oscar-winning actress in an elevator. Well, maybe not casually. More like energetically forced, but still. Mira Sorvino!
How could I not freak out? Thank God Mira was as graceful and patient as ever. She had no problem answering my questions about her new BBC America show, Intruders. She warned me all about the series’ crazy twists and turns, and how, in the show, people can seek refuge in other people’s brains. Eek! It sounds crazy, but sign me up for a season pass.
Now, I couldn’t call myself a true Mira Sorvino fan if I didn’t talk to her about her iconic role in my favorite movie of all time, Romy And Michele’s High School Reunion. And praises be, she was all about it! We even did the prom dance together. Wow, I’m freaking out! I may need to go see a chiropractor now, but it’s OK. For Mira Sorvino, it’s totally worth it!
Want to see interviews of other celebs I’ve found in the elevator? Check out the video gallery below for my chats with Adam Pally, Cee Lo Green, Estelle, and more.
Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Benedict Cumberbatch Cast in The Jungle Book + More of Today’s First Dibs
Eva Longoria goes from desperate housewife to defense attorney, Andy Serkis‘ The Jungle Book gets another big time name, Kate Gosselin returns to TV, and more celebrity news that yo missed while you were sleeping.
- Eva Longoria joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine as a possible love interest for Jake (Andy Samberg). [TV Guide]
- Benedict Cumberbatch joins The Jungle Book as the villainous tiger Shere Khan. [Vanity Fair]
- Angelina Jolie says the upcoming film Unbroken, about U.S. Olympian turned war hero Louis Zamperini, is a “giant responsibility.” [EW]
- Beware, everyone. Kate Gosselin is heading back to TLC with Kate Plus Eight. [Naughty Nice Rob]
- Adam Sandler plays a married man searching for escorts in Men, Women & Children. [Gossip Cop]
- Henry Cavill barely gives us a peak of the “S” on his chest on the Batman V Superman set. [Just Jared]
- Jamie Blackley says his If I Stay co-star Chloe Moretz is “easy to love.” [Seventeen]
- Which Disney star had quite the temper tantrum at the Teen Choice Awards? [Hollywood Scoop]
- Michael Myers will return in the latest Halloween installment. [Bloody Disgusting]
- Matthew McConaughey would look hot wearing a fanny pack. [BuzzFeed]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images/FOX]
Jessica Alba Admits To Being a “Prude,” Gisele Bundchen Is The World’s Highest Paid Model + More in Today’s Last Lap
Jessica Alba doesn’t lead as risqué of a life as she does in Sin City, Gisele Bundchen is rolling in major dough, Sofia Vergara wears what looks like an engagement ring, and more of today’s celebrity news stories you need to know.
- Even though she plays an exotic dancer in Sin City, Jessica Alba says she’s a “real prude.” [OK!]
- Gisele Bundchen tops the Forbes list of highest-paid models, cashing in about million this year.[WWD]
- Sofia Vergara sports major bling on her ring finger. Did Joe Manganiello pop the question already? [ET]
- Girls star Adam Driver covers GQ and recalls his experience going from a Marine to Juilliard student. [Just Jared]
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus has to deal with creepy cashiers (who look a lot like Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul) in “Barely Legal Pawn.” [Splitsider]
- Believe it or not, but Robert Pattinson says his hardest role was Edward in Twilight. [Hollywood]
- Lost star Sonya Walger joins the cast of Scandal season four. [EW]
- The first photos have been released of Paul Rudd as Marvel’s Ant-Man. [Yahoo!]
- Tennis star Maria Sharapova tells us how we can win at life on the cover of Self. [THG]
[Photo Credit: Dimension/Getty Images]
Kevin Hart pops the question to his model girlfriend, Christian Bale‘s wife gives birth to a baby boy, talk of a real life “Purge” erupts on social media, and more of this morning’s celebrity news.
- Sorry ladies, Kevin Hart is officially off the market! His proposal to model Eniko Parrish was even caught on camera. [Hollywood Life]
- Christian Bale and his wife Sibi welcome their baby boy. [Access Hollywood]
- A social media scare that started in Colorado caused many to believe there would be a real life “Purge.” [USA Today]
- Scandal‘s Emmy winner Joe Morton wanted a role on Breaking Bad. [E!]
- Tensions rise in the new Saved by the Bell Lifetime movie trailer. [Vulture]
- SundanceTV has renewed Rectify for a third season. [Variety]
- Queen Latifah and her girlfriend share major beach PDA. [Popsugar]
- Perks of Being a Wallflower star Logan Lerman is ultra sexy in a new Flaunt spread. [Perez Hilton]
- M. Night Shyamalan brings thriller Wayward Pines to FOX. [Young Hollywood]
[Photo Credit: @neekibaby]
James Franco went blonde last week, documenting his transformation on — where else? — Instagram. He’s already envisioned his life in a boy band, but now that he’s gone lighter, the entire world is his oyster. For starters, he’s better suited to play Marilyn Monroe and can finally have more fun than he did as brunette.
Celebrities frequently turn to bleach to give hairstyles a lift. While platinum works for women like Beyoncé and Scarlett Johansson, the male species has had a more difficult time transitioning. In addition to Franco, many a man has tried, but few have been able to make us swoon with highlighter head. Summer is winding down, which means it’s time for these stars to put down the bottle and return to their natural hues. Or, something more aesthetically pleasing that this. Check out 10 bad male celebrity bleach moments, in the gallery above.
Remember when every pop star — and even some professional athletes and TV personalities — couldn’t resist frosting their tips? It wasn’t hot then and it isn’t hot now. Allow ’90s highlight enthusiast Mark McGrath to explain.
[Photo Credit: @jamesfrancotv]
Can you believe Jessica Alba started kicking ass in Dark Angel 14 years ago? Believe it! Jessica has been one of the sexiest stars for over a decade and will be resuming her role as exotic dancer Nancy in Sin City: A Dame To Kill this Friday. It’s been nine years since the first film, but Alba still has one of the most banging bodies around.
In addition to acting, Alba founded The Honest Company to make sustainable products for family and the home — focusing on natural ingredients that make you look and feel beautiful. The mother of two has always been a bit of a fashionista, from looking effortlessly cool in a pair of jeans and sheer top to rocking a sexy mermaid gown on the red carpet. But her most dramatic changes over the years has always been to her hair. Whether it’s black, blonde, wavy, or sleek, we think Jessica looks gorgeous no matter what she does. Work it, girl!
Check out the Sin City star’s style evolution in the gallery above.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
On John Stamos‘ 51st birthday, we’re asking one of life’s more pressing questions: Is he perfect? We think we probably already know the answer to this question — this IS Uncle Jesse we’re talking about — but we also think it’s best to provide some proof. Yes, we’re using that full head of hair, those piercing baby blues, and his cheeky grin as evidence.From his love of Disney and dogs to his love for his mom, there are a lot of factors to take into account when trying to figure out if Stamos is indeed complete perfection — or as close to perfect as humanly possible. And while he plays gigs with the Beach Boys or asks other celebrities how they lost their virginity, we’ll be busy taking notes. Click through our gallery and prepare for a serious swoonfest, then let us know what YOU think: Is John Stamos perfect?
[Photo Credit: Getty Images, Ryan Williams/VH1]
Vogue‘s New Cover Features Models Galore, ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Creator Passes Away + More in Today’s Last Lap
Vogue reveals their September 2014 cover, Kate Winslet, Chris Pratt, Andy Serkis and more celebrities interview each other, one of the creators of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has died, and more of today’s top celebrity news.
- Vogue‘s September issue features models on models including Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss, and Joan Smalls. Sorry celebs, no room for you here! [US Weekly]
- Corey Griffin, one of the men behind the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, has died at 27 from a diving incident. [The Blaze]
- Kate Winslet, Chris Pratt, Anne Hathaway and more celebrities channeled their inner journalist in a massive video chain. [CeleBuzz]
- Carrie Mathison heads back to the Middle East in the Homeland season four trailer. [Vanity Fair]
- John Slattery and Judy Greer join the cast of Marvel’s Ant-Man. [EW]
- Tina Fey‘s TV series Cabot College is officially killed by FOX. [THR]
- The retailer Children’s Place is facing some serious heat for selling Guardians of the Galaxy shirts without the female character. [Gossip Cop]
- Ali Landry is still talking about her ex Mario Lopez, 10 years later. Seriously, it’s time to move on. [Naughty Nice Rob]
[Photo Credit: Vogue]
- Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez Call It Quits, Emma Stone Joins Broadway + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Before He Became Star Lord, Chris Pratt Was Once a Guy Who Lived in a Van Down By the Beach
- Jarvis Wants Oscar Winner Mira Sorvino To Get Into His Head
- Eva Longoria Joins Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Benedict Cumberbatch Cast in The Jungle Book + More of Today’s First Dibs
- Jessica Alba Admits To Being a “Prude,” Gisele Bundchen Is The World’s Highest Paid Model + More in Today’s Last Lap