Shay Mitchell Is Officially Single, Michael Phelps Arrested for Second DUI + More in Today’s Last Lap
It’s a sad day for Pretty Little Liars star Shay Mitchell. It’s been reported that the actress and her boyfriend have split. Meanwhile, Ben Affleck opens up about doing fully frontal in Gone Girl and Michael Phelps was arrested for a DUI — all that and more in Last Lap.
- Pretty Little Liars star Shay Mitchell and her boyfriend Ryan Silverstein split after dating for nearly a year. [US Weekly]
- Michael Phelps was arrested for driving under the influence — his second offense in 10 years. [TMZ]
- Ben Affleck opens up about going full frontal in Gone Girl. [MTV]
- Watch Jeff Goldblum’s amazingly real GE light bulb ad.
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia star Kaitlin Olson advises fans not to drink and act. [Vulture]
- When it comes to stuff, Mindy Kaling and Elmo are really enthusiastic about it.
- Vanity Fair has an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Questlove’s food salon. [Vanity Fair]
- Dominic Cooper is officially joining ABC’s Agent Carter in a reprisal of his Captain America role, Howard Stark. [E!]
- Watch Kit Hoover get tossed around the Big Morning Buzz Live set by Nick Lachey and Billy Bush.
Chris Pratt has always been one of the most lovable guys in show business. We first came to love him on Everwood, and in a key guest role on The O.C. But everyone properly fell in love with this comic genius when he starred as Andy Dwyer on Parks and Recreation. With a scruffy beard and a cuddly look, Andy worked his comically clueless way into the heart of April (Aubrey Plaza) and all of us at home.
Chris’ movie career kicked into high gear with roles in Moneyball and Zero Dark Thirty, both requiring him to drop weight and bulk up to play a baseball star and a Navy SEAL, respectively. With a career on the rise Chris decided to go in the opposite direction, regaining his weight for a role in Delivery Man. But soon after Chris was once again swearing off beer and hitting the gym to get the incredible body he displayed in this years biggest box office hit, Guardians of the Galaxy. And the results were incredible. Check out his transformation over the years in the gallery above.
Watch Chris discuss what it was like stepping into the Marvel universe, below.
[Photos: Getty Images]
Even more upsetting details emerge regarding Amanda Bynes‘ DUI arrest over the weekend. TMZ reports that the former Nickelodeon star was also under the influence of prescribed Adderall when the police pulled her over.
The fact that the drug did seem to have been previously prescribed to the actress may help her cause, but regardless, she still faces a probation violation. Reports claim there is a more significant problem happening since Bynes moved out of her parents house when her conservatorship ended earlier this month. The actress had been living with her parents since leaving Malibu rehab facility The Canyon in December 2013. Sources tell TMZ that now that she lives in Orange County she is “smoking a lot of weed and is off her anti-psychotic meds for Schizophrenia and bipolarity.”
Bynes was stopped in Van Nuys on Sunday and arrested by California Highway Patrol officers after failing several sobriety tests. She was charged with a misdemeanor DUI and was released later that afternoon after posting ,000 bail. Hopefully this incident will give her parents incentive to intervene before she heads down another scary downward spiral.
The Gossip Table hosts discuss the star’s possible fate, below.
[Photo Credit: Splash News]
Ariana Grande is tearing up the charts, and apparently, also turning up her ego. According to a report, the 21-year-old singer took over a New York City hotel to prep for a performance. The Gossip Table‘s Marianne Garvey gives us the scoop.
Our panelists have also heard that Natalie Portman is planning for another baby. She and husband Benjamin Millepied are reportedly moving to France. Check out the video below for all the details.
For more celebrity gossip and entertainment news, go to VH1 Celebrity.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Ben Affleck Butchers “Let It Go,” Neil Patrick Harris Shares Wedding Photos + More in Today’s First Dibs
Ben Affleck may be Batman, but in no way is he a singer. Meanwhile, his Gone Girl co-star Neil Patrick Harris shared new photos from his Italian wedding, Chris Martin hung out with ex Gwyneth Paltrow, and more in First Dibs.
- Watch Ben Affleck butcher “Let It Go” on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. [THR]
- Neil Patrick Harris shared photos from his wedding to David Burtka while on The Late Show with David Letterman. He also revealed the couple’s first dance was to Kelly Clarkson’s “Moment Like This.” [US Weekly]
- People has the first look George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s wedding photos, and The Gossip Table has all the scoop about the big day. [People]
- Chris Martin paid Gwyneth Paltrow a visit on her birthday. Other guests at the star-studded affair, included Maya Rudolph and Rashida Jones. [E!]
- Whatever happened to Election’s Tracy Flick? According to Reese Witherspoon, she’s running the Tea Party now. [EW]
- Jon Hamm is going to appear in a very special Christmas episode of the groundbreaking series, Black Mirror. [Deadline]
- The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel is headed to Netflix. [Vulture]
- Walmart claims Tracy Morgan wasn’t wearing his seatbelt in the automobile crash that sent the comedian to the hospital. [FOX]
- Kevin Smith has secured financing for a third Clerks film thanks to the bust of Tusk. [Yahoo]
- Big Morning Buzz Live is back! Watch host Nick Lachey gush about his adorable son, Camden.
[Photo: Getty Images]
Disney has a long history of churning out teen stars who seem wholesome on the small and big screen, but in real life, they’re champagne-swilling, cigarette-smoking, club-hopping messy menaces (you know who we’re referring to, no need to name names). These days, many of the newer stars have cleaned up their acts — but something else is happening. Instead of behaving far too grown in their off-duty lives, they’re looking downright adult on their shows. Whether it’s because they’re actually damn near thirty (like Albert on How to Build a Better Boy) or styled like a substitute teacher (Ally on Austin & Ally), the new class of Disney “teen” stars could easily pass for residents on Grey’s Anatomy.
From Zapped’s Zendaya to the so-called middle-schoolers on A.N.T. Farm, check out the most grown-looking characters on The Disney Channel.
[Photos: Disney Channel]
Brad Pitt Opens Up About Marriage, Kate Middleton Is Wanted As a Lingerie Model + More of Today’s First Dibs
Brad Pitt is focusing on family, a fellow celebrity wants Kate Middleton to model her lingerie line, Derek Jeter played the last game of his career, and more of today’s First Dibs.
- Brad Pitt opens up about marriage to Angelina Jolie: “I wouldn’t say [it's] just a title.” [US Magazine]
- Will Kate Middleton model in Britney Spears‘ lingerie line? We think not. [Elle]
- Derek Jeter played the last game of his baseball career while former Yankee Bernie Williams played “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” on acoustic guitar during the seventh inning stretch. [NJ.com]
- J.J. Abrams will adapt Stephen King‘s JFK book for Hulu. [Young Hollywood]
- The Simpsons kill off a series regular in the season 26 premiere. [Hollywood Life]
- Chelsea Clinton gave birth to a baby girl over the weekend making Hillary and Bill proud grandparents. [NBC]
.@BillClinton and I are over the moon to be grandparents! One of the happiest moments of our life. pic.twitter.com/Cww4r8C9Zt
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) September 27, 2014
- Kim Kardashian‘s Paris Fashion Week attacker will not be charged by police. [Cosmopolitan]
- Jane Fonda relives painful memories of her mother’s abuse at a rape foundation brunch. [THR]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Gone Girl, one of the most anticipated films of 2014, is finally making its debut in theaters following what felt like years of hype. And thankfully, the movie about a woman who’s gone missing and the husband left to chase after her ghost lives up to every hyperbolic statement that has been said ahead of its release. David Fincher’s adaptation of Gillian Flynn‘s 2012 novel has ignited a firestorm of media frenzy, and with reason: It’s easily one of the best films of the year. With that said, everyone wants to know: Should I read this book before it comes out? How does it translate on screen? Ben Affleck?? Yes, the answer to all of those questions is yes. We’ll explain by breaking down the film into five handy talking points.
You don’t need to read the book to appreciate the film
Let’s just start with this — although spoilery — it’s hard to talk about this film without addressing the polarizing book. As someone who finished the novel only 48 hours before seeing the theatrical version, I will argue no. While watching the film, which craves every twist and turn, I found myself second-guessing the evidence rather than wondering what was going to happen next. “What about clue number 4?” “That’s where they found the club?” “But wait, what about the ottoman that was such a big deal in the book?” All those questions are pointless and a distraction from completely immersing yourself in this scary dissolution of a marriage.
Things are streamlined, making the story work more on film rather than in a book — where there’s room to breathe and over-think the tiniest of details. What happens on screen is a snappy, less-Law and Order referential version of the novel. Trust me: It’s a good thing.
It’s funny — like really, really “laugh out loud” funny
While the book is also snappy and referential, it’s never really funny. Sure, a story about a broken marriage and a missing woman is not ripe for laughter, but there was never an opportunity to relieve all that tension — especially considering how dark the story can get. What happens on screen is a wonderfully twisted narrative that allows fans to snicker and gasp at what’s unfolding in theaters. The comedic timing is effectively used to let go of some of the graphic drama while sucking fans in to the demented nature of Rosamund Pike’s character, Amy Elliott Dunne.
Rosamund Pike is going to be a star
The film is broken up into three parts, the first being the journey of Nick Dunne (Affleck) immediately following the disappearance of his wife. But it’s what happens later is the backstory that allows Pike to shine. The actress embodies the conflicted nature of a disillusioned wife trying to piece together her failing marriage. At times she’s chilling, scary, even haunting — with her porcelain skin and severe blonde bob — and then she’s warm, inviting, and drawing you in, making you unaware that there was ever a problem in the first place.
Another Hollywood bachelor is officially off the market. George Clooney married Amal Alamuddin this past weekend, with a ceremonial wedding Saturday and the couple getting their wedding license today. Plenty of A-list celebs, including Bono and Matt Damon, went to Italy to celebrate Clooney’s big day, but who skipped the shindig?
Watch the clip above to discover who didn’t show up for Clooney’s nuptials and why they didn’t attend. And check out the gallery below for pics of the couple.
Also, is Clooney starting a bidding war for photos from his wedding? Our Gossip Table hosts give us the skinny on the going price for the coveted images.
Get more celebrity gossip and entertainment news at VH1 Celebrity.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Jennifer Lopez was riding in her new car with pal Leah Remini on Saturday evening in California when the ladies were rear ended by another vehicle. Police reportedly suspected the other driver of being inebriated, and J. Lo gave him a verbal lashing after the accident.
She posted a pic of herself and Remini to Instagram, using the hashtags #cursedthatfoolout and #theBronxcameout, letting us know that she didn’t take the situation lying down. Thankfully, Lopez, Remini, and their children who were in the car weren’t injured.
In other news, North West is hitting all the major shows at Paris Fashion Week. She’s only 15 months old, but Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are wasting no time acclimating their daughter to the fashion world. In the clip below, our Gossip Table hosts run down which designers were on the infant’s list.
Get more celebrity gossip and entertainment news at VH1 Celebrity.
[Photo Credit: @jlo]
- Shay Mitchell Is Officially Single, Michael Phelps Arrested for Second DUI + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Transformation Tuesday: Chris Pratt
- Amanda Bynes Was on Adderall at the Time of Her DUI Arrest
- Ariana Grande Reportedly Unleashes Her Ego At A New York City Hotel
- Ben Affleck Butchers “Let It Go,” Neil Patrick Harris Shares Wedding Photos + More in Today’s First Dibs