Johnny Depp Makes His Debut as the Big Bad Wolf, Marvel Releases First Look at Mockingbird Suit + More in Today’s Last Lap
Johnny Depp continues to enchant the big screen, Adrianne Palicki makes a badass Mockingbird, Orlando Bloom may be trying to steal Selena Gomez away from Justin Bieber for good and more in today’s Last Lap.
- We finally get a peak of Johnny Depp as the Big Bad Wolf in Into the Woods. [EW]
- Marvel releases the first photo of Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [Marvel]
- Selena Gomez and Orlando Bloom were spotted together at LAX. Romantic getaway for two? [E!]
- Sarah Hyland is “doing great” after all of the boyfriend drama. [US Weekly]
- Shark Tank‘s Daymond John tells GQ the most important investment one can make. [Daymond John]
- Kim Kardashian may be a momager in training and says North West will “have to work for what she wants.” [Huffington Post]
- Billy Bob Thornton reveals why Angelina Jolie made him wear her vial of blood. [Too Fab]
- Back to the Future will return to the big screen with a live orchestra for its 30th anniversary. [Variety]
- Khloe Kardashian can’t seem to track down Lamar Odom to sign the divorce papers. [US Weekly]
- How does Dancing With the Stars‘ Tim Bergeron really feel about the show?
[Photo Credit: EW]
by Phoebe Robinson
1) I’m not just writing that because VH1 is paying me the big bucks to do so. Although, later on, I am looking forward to balling out of control at Forever 21 even though I’m ghorghor years old. What? VH1 isn’t paying me that much in order for me to reveal my age. 2) Yes, some of you are watching — ABC did recently give ask for a full season order — but the show is now hovering around the 6.5 million range, which is pretty decent, but I’m waiting for this show to become the breakout hit of the season. So without further ado, I present to you the seven reasons why Black-ish is the best TV show you’re not watching.
TRACEE. ELLIS. ROSS.
Yes, this show is vehicle for Anthony Anderson, but in my eyes, Tracee Ellis Ross is killing it as Rainbow, who is a doctor and Anderson’s wife. She is consistently charming, nails every punchline, and looks amazing. I really think this is the show that will get her some Emmy nominations, but if she doesn’t, her consolation is that she is absolutely cute – and funny! – while asking for a little pleasure down there.
For this reason and several others, I want to be Ross’ friend. And I’m not talking casual friendship. You know, the kind where you bump into someone on the street and the both of you pretend like you’re not counting in your heads how long you have until you can exit the conversation without looking like you didn’t want to leave the convo. I’m talking inside-joke having, clothes swapping, can-you-look-something-up-for-me-on-WebMD-and-tell-me-I’m-not-going-to-die-because-I-trust-my-uninformed-best-friend-forever-over-some-Harvard-doctor kind of friendship. Can we do that, Gabs? I know I’m standing in a long ass line of folks who also adore and wanna go halfsies on huevos rancheros sometime, but I’m putting out there. Let’s. Do. This.
In episode three entitled “Crazy Mom,” Dre’s (Anderson) status as the cool dad at his younger children’s school is taken away by another dad who brings popcorn. Suffice it to say, Dre does not handle it well:
Not only is him pointing out that no one would eat popcorn on the Underground Railroad because it’s too loud such a funny and specific joke, but I also like the running theme that is being carried throughout the episode: even though Dre is black, he does not know more about Harriet Tubman more than the white teacher does. I totally forgot Harriet was a spy! Well, not that one.
We’re not done yet! More on race, gender, and political correctness
Bethenny Frankel may be stirring the gossip pot ahead of returning to The Real Housewives Of New York. She attended the Angel Ball, a fundraiser for cancer research, and took the opportunity to cause a scene. Watch the clip above to find out how Frankel stole the show.
Sofia Vergara also attended the Angel Ball and had an awkward moment on the red carpet. In the video below, find out who randomly ran into the Modern Family star as she did an interview.
For more celebrity gossip and entertainment news, go to VH1 Celebrity.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron knows all about busting a move. But was he ready for today’s video challenge from Big Morning Buzz Live host Nick Lachey?
Bergeron played “Perfect 10 Or Try Again,” where he guessed whether video participants would perfectly execute dance routines — or if they’d make major mistakes. Did the DWTS host fail our challenge or did he pass with flying colors? Watch the clip above to find out, and catch Big Morning Buzz Live weekday mornings at 9/8C on VH1.
On the heels of Hispanic Heritage Month, we’ve been thinking about the gorgeous Latino men who’ve been heating up Hollywood for years. What better way to celebrate than compiling a list of the sexiest Hispanic hotties around?
We included actors like Esai Morales who’ve had places in our hearts for decades, while sultry stars like Mexico’s Diego Luna are becoming more familiar to U.S. audiences. Some of the guys even have VH1 ties, like LeAnn & Eddie star Eddie Cibrian and William Levy, who had a recurring role on Single Ladies.
Who else earned a spot on our list? Browse through our gallery to find out.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Celebrities honor the late Oscar de la Renta, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds make us even more jealous of their lives (yup, that’s actually possible), Teresa Giudice wants her prison time to be like Orange Is the New Black and more of today’s First Dibs.
- Fashion legend Oscar de la Renta passed away at 82. [Forbes]
- Blake Lively flaunts her baby bump, this time with her man by her side, and they’re basically perfect in every way. [Perez Hilton]
- Teresa Giudice requested to go to the Danbury federal prison in Connecticut, which inspired Orange Is the New Black. You can imagine how that went down… [E!]
- Jennifer Garner made a moving speech about sexism during last night’s Elle Women in Hollywood event. And yes, everyone you love was there. [E!/PopSugar]
- Bryan Cranston has his own way of dealing with the mom in Florida who protested the Toys R Us Breaking Bad toys. [USA Today]
“Florida mom petitions against Toys ‘R Us over Breaking Bad action figures.” I’m so mad, I’m burning my Florida Mom action figure in protest — Bryan Cranston (@BryanCranston) October 20, 2014
- Zac Efron jams out with Alesso on set of the “DJ movie” We Are Your Friends. [Dancing Astronaut]
- After HIV testing, the porn production moratorium has been lifted. [Huffington Post]
- Russian tennis official Shamil Tarpischev has been suspended for a year for referring to Venus and Serena Williams as “the Williams brothers.” [USA Today]
- The Big Morning Buzz Live crew allows us to relive that really awkward moment from Family Feud. You know which one.
Any Smash fan who spent two seasons following the progress of a fictional musical about Marilyn Monroe has to wonder: What the hell happened to Debra Messing‘s scarves? Famously reviled by TV fans, the show cut down on the cozy accessory in season two, but sadly never made it to a third. In hopes of cracking a Hollywood mystery for the ages, VH1 spoke to Will Chase, who played Michael Swift, the on-screen fling to Messing’s Julia Houston.
As an actor who came from Broadway himself, the current Nashville star discussed his musical theater legacy, and what he thinks of the recent trend of televised musicals (like NBC’s The Sound Of Music Live and the upcoming Peter Pan). Most importantly though, we talked about Smash, if there’s any hope of bringing Bombshell to Broadway, and where in the world Debra Messing‘s scarves might be today. People need to know.
Coming from musical theater, it seems like you are really lucky to have been in a lot of musical TV shows.
Will Chase: Yeah, but the difference with Smash was there really wasn’t ever an opportunity to do a live show. And the fact that our characters on Nashville sing live, that’s what they do. I think we blew a lot of people’s minds, the fact that we actually came out and sang. And I think even people didn’t realize until [the Nashville cast] actually went on a tour and sang, that we actually sing. The group of people they’ve assembled blows my mind, and I come from performing live. On Smash, it was like all of a sudden we’d be in a scene and we’d be singing like in musical theater. Our singing is practical on Nashville. So they do a great job of finding writers who write songs for a moment at a concert but they’re also specific lyrics to that character, and that’s hard to do. I think they do it really well on our show.
Because of the success of The Sound Of Music Live and now Peter Pan, it seems like there’s a lot of TV and theater being paired up. Would you ever have aspirations to do something like that?
Oh, absolutely. The thrill of that is everybody’s waiting for something to go wrong when you’re watching.
But no, I mean it’s thrilling. My friend Christian Borle did The Sound Of Music Live, and we come from doing stage, and he said he hasn’t been that nervous in a long time — this is in front of 18 million people, this isn’t 2,000 people in the theater. I would absolutely love [to do it] if anyone’s listening!
What would be your dream role to perform?
I would love to do Billy Bigelow in Carousel. That’d be great. I’d love to do that onstage eight times a week. You know, just a good meaty, big vocal. Something like that. Eventually Sweeney Todd at some point, but by that point everybody will have done it. But I would love to do a classic like Carousel.
It seems so hard to do something so old-fashioned like Carousel for a modern audience.
It’s hard to do. Movie musicals in that genre are hard to do. There’s something about live, when you don’t have a live audience, that, for me, defeats the purpose of live. So watching Sound of Music was thrilling because my friends are on it and I’m watching it. But there are those jokes that are set up, that writing, that there’s no reaction to [the material]. And that can only come from live theater and live performance.
I wish somebody would do — I don’t know how you do it, I don’t know where you do it — a true live television tele-play and still use different sets, but have some audience in this portion and some audience in this portion to really make it live. That would be incredible to have the thrill of audience reaction and actually shoot audience reaction. I know it gets into a different thing then, but for me, that was the only thing that I was missing ’cause I love live theater. There’s a line or there’s a moment and when you’re on stage, you feel the audience feel that connection or you hear their reactions. That’s palpable and I feel like that’s missing so I think it would be great to somehow to get the audience in it.
Zac Efron recently partied in Europe for his 27th birthday. He brought along his rumored girlfriend, Sami Miró, making fans think the hunky star has finally found love. The Gossip Table’s panelists have the details.
In other news, Kris Jenner is reportedly staying strong as her estranged husband, Bruce, is back on the dating scene. However, our hosts think there’s more to the story. Watch the clip below for the full scoop.
For more celebrity gossip and entertainment news, go to VH1 Celebrity.
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Renée Zellweger Is Almost Unrecognizable, Kate Middleton Debuts Her Baby Bump + More in Today’s Last Lap
Renée Zellweger puts her latest plastic surgery on public display, Kate Middleton‘s morning sickness finally eases up, Kris Jenner speaks up on her ex’s dating situation and more in Last Lap.
- Renée Zellweger was unrecognizable at Elle‘s Women in Hollywood event last night. [Huffington Post]
- Kate Middleton finally debuts her new baby bump. [E!]
- Kris Jenner speaks out about Bruce Jenner‘s dating life. [US Weekly]
- Check out the latest Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 trailer.
- Entertainment Weekly breaks down why no fall TV shows have been cancelled yet. Even though some really should be. [EW]
- Alan Cumming recalls his experience of Shia LaBeouf‘s Cabaret incident.
- The Judge Dredd: Superfiend teaser has been released. [THR]
- Scandal hunk Scott Foley gives Nick Lachey baby advice.
[Photo Credit: Getty]
What do political scandals and Yankee candles have in common? Awesome names, of course. Scandal star Scott Foley stopped by Big Morning Buzz Live to play a game inspired by his hit TV show called “Scandal or Yankee Candle.” In this funny quiz, Foley guessed whether a term referred to a major political scandal or a specific scent.
With names like Quail Hunt, Storm Watch, and Pink Sands, it’s hard to tell if these are Yankee candles or scandals. Watch Scott take the challenge and see how many he got right in the video above. You may be surprised which ones are sweet-smelling fragrances and which ones are problems Olivia Pope couldn’t even solve.
For more hilarious games with your favorite stars, catch Big Morning Buzz Live weekday mornings at 9/8C on VH1.
- Johnny Depp Makes His Debut as the Big Bad Wolf, Marvel Releases First Look at Mockingbird Suit + More in Today’s Last Lap
- Black-ish Is the Best TV Show You’re Not Watching
- Bethenny Frankel Gets Naughty At New York’s Angel Ball
- Big Morning Buzz Live Challenges Tom Bergeron To Judge Dancing Disasters
- Hollywood’s Hottest Hispanic Men