A blast has occurred at a home in Pannipitiya, Kottawa today (25).
The incident, which had taken place in the early hours of the day, is suspected as a possible gas leak, police say.
Although the house has sustained damages, no one has been hurt.
Several gas-leak related incidents have been reported during this month.
On Nov. 04, two were injured after a blast due to a gas leak occurred in a restaurant in Weligama.
A similar incident had taken place in Ratnapura on Nov. 16.
On Nov. 20, an international food outlet at the old Racecourse building had caught fire due to a gas leak. Two persons sustained minor injuries in the incident.
Speaking recently, former DG of the Consumer Affairs Authority – Thushan Gunawardena says that a drastic change of the chemical composition in LPG gas has been the cause of these incidents.
Related News :