COVID-19 restrictions further relaxed for several more activities
Fri, Jul 16, 2021, 12:00 pm SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.
July 16, Colombo: Sri Lanka’s Director-General of Health Services has issued new health guidelines further relaxing restrictions imposed to control COVID-19 epidemic with effect from Friday, July 16.
Director-General of Health Services Dr. Asela Gunawardena requested the public to strictly adhere to the health guidelines on activities permitted to reopen from today.
All state and private institutions are required to operate in accordance with the ‘New Normal’.
Following activities are permitted to operate from today:
01. Places of Worship: Permitted to Open (Separate guidelines will be issued with respect to religious festivals)
02. Zoological Parks: Permitted to open (25% capacity at a time to be admitted)
03. Wildlife Park & Reserves: Permitted to Open.
04. Sports & Games: All sports & games except sports with physical contact permitted. No permission for spectators
05. Children’s Playgrounds: Permitted to Open
06. Hotels and Rest Houses: Permitted to Open
07. Adventure Sites & Camping Sites: Permitted to Open
08. Betting Centers: Permitted to Open
09. Indoor Musical Programs: Permitted with 50% of seating capacity
10. Outdoor concerts & Festivals: NOT Permitted