Seventeen new envoys to Sri Lanka present credentials to President
Wed, Dec 22, 2021, 11:18 am SL Time, ColomboPage News Desk, Sri Lanka.
Dec 22, Colombo: Eleven newly appointed Ambassadors and six High Commissioners presented their credentials to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa at the President’s House yesterday afternoon (21), President’s Media Division announced.
The New ambassadors represent Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Hungary, Mauritania, Tunisia, Argentina, the Republic of Dominica, Spain and Slovenia.
New High Commissioners have been appointed to represent Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Botswana, Malta, the Republic of Guyana and Nigeria.
The envoys who presented credentials are:
1. Ernest Mbaimba as High Commissioner of Sierra Leone
2. Mohamed El- Kayed as Ambassador of Jordan
3. Choe Hui Chol as Ambassador of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
4. Ms. Mukangira Jacqueline as High Commissioner of Rwanda
5. Gilbert Shimane Mangole as High Commissioner of Botswana
6. Reuben Gauci as High Commissioner of Malta
7. Andras Laszlo Kiraly as Ambassador of Hungary
8. Mohamed Ahmed Rara as Ambassador of Mauritania
9. Ms. Hayet Talbi Bilel as Ambassador of Tunisia
10. Hugo Javier Gobbi as Ambassador of Argentina
11. Charrandass Persaud as High Commissioner of the Republic of Guyana
12. Maged Mosleh Nafei as Ambassador of Egypt
13. David Emmanuel Puig as Ambassador of the Republic of Dominica
14. Ahmed Sule as High Commissioner of Nigeria
15. Ms. Dewi Gustina Ofbing as Ambassador of Indonesia
16. Jose Maria Dominguez as Ambassador of Spain
17. Ms. Mateja Ghosh as Ambassador of Slovenia
Foreign Minister Prof. GL Peiris, Secretary to the President PB Jayasundera and Chief Alliance Officer Thushara Rodrigo were also present.